FOS Merlin in DSM

Joy Harvey

Oct 26, 2020, 11:58:05 PM10/26/20
to ia-...@googlegroups.com, on behalf of Roy Adolphson

This evening at 6:25 p.m. (a few minutes after sunset on a clear night) I finally saw my FOS Merlin at Glendale Cemetery in Des Moines after several weeks of checking for them.  It was at the top of the tall spruce in the SW corner of Block 33a on the far west side of the grounds.  The Masonic Cemetery gate off of 48th & College is usually closed in the afternoon, making the only access to the cemetery on University Ave.  In addition, there are several ongoing paving projects in the city-owned part, making some of the roads closed to traffic.

Roy Adolphson

Polk County (DSM)

Joy Harvey

Oct 28, 2020, 11:20:41 AM10/28/20
to ia-...@googlegroups.com, on behalf of Roy Adolphson

Tuesday evening between 6 and 6:30 p.m. (sunset at 6:15) I had 2 Merlin sightings (not at the same time) in Glendale Cemetery in DSM.  One was in the “Romeo spruce” in the NW corner of Block B on the west side, and the other (possibly a different individual) was finishing up eating a kill atop the “Kruidenier spruce” in Block 20 on the east side, seen between 6:20 & 6:28, when it finished eating and flew away to the north.

Roy Adolphson

Polk County (DSM)