for the LINUX iCW OPs - looks like JACK support is now included with the stock version of Mumble

Chuck Vaughn

Jul 12, 2022, 6:19:50 AM7/12/22
to iCW - internet CW
for DEBIAN BULLsEYE

here is a picture of my Rapsberry PI 4 with the latest PI-OS(bullseye)
showing native JACK AUDIO CONNECTION KIT support out of the box from the stock repositories...
mumbleNATIVEjacksupportnow.png

S. Steltzer

Jul 12, 2022, 6:38:21 AM7/12/22
to 'joe living' via iCW - internet CW
That's handy. I just checked on Windows. System only shows WASAPI and it's grayed out.

Chuck Vaughn

Jul 12, 2022, 6:50:15 AM7/12/22
to iCW - internet CW
including Jack support for WINDOWs is severely lacking... on most programs...
there are only a few programs that include JACK AUDIO CONNECTION KIT support for
running on WINDOWS version of  the 'JACK' audio system...

Several applications have native JACK support:

Native JACK applications can make use of the full power of the JACK audio and MIDI connection system (for instance, they can open or close JACK connections from within the application, rather than having to set an ASIO driver to use use JACK-Router). Also, the use of natively provided JACK ports provides the ability to sync audio streams between applications.