Free Face Masks

Elizabeth Casswell

May 18, 2020, 8:01:15 PM5/18/20
to humanservi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I’m disabled and bed bound but I’ve been helping a local mask maker group called the Denver Mask Task Force. We worked with a local head of infectious disease for the materials and designs. We currently have 1500 volunteers and are operating off of donations, and are getting out about 1,300 reusable masks every week.

Any organization can place a request on the website. All the stitchers efforts are pooled and distributed as requests come in. Once we have the masks you will be contacted for pick up or delivery. Washing/sanitization instructions are also on the website.

We’re using touch free transfer, masks, gloves and plastic bags to keep our efforts from spreading the virus further.

We’re making them for absolutely any vulnerable population, which so far has included most of the local hospitals, plus homeless shelters, oncology clinics, children’s hospitals, police and fire departments, nursing homes, black lives matter, and basically any population that’s at greater risk.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.  If you’d like to join the effort with me use the information on the website and join the Facebook group. We always need volunteer stitchers, drivers, and admin folks.

Please pass this on to other organizations who might need it too. We’re trying to get them to everyone who needs them.

Please stay safe.

Elizabeth Casswell