FW: about humann2 database licenses

Levesque, Nicole M.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:27:03 AM12/10/19
to humann...@googlegroups.com

From: Guangxi Wu <g...@zymoresearch.com>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 6:33 PM
To: Levesque, Nicole M. <leve...@hsph.harvard.edu>
Subject: about humann2 database licenses

Hi,

I am a scientist at Zymo Research Corporation. I am currently using HUMAnN2 for functional analysis. It works very well and thank you for your great work on it.

We use the databases that are already integrated into HUMAnN2 pipeline, such as MetaCyc and KEGG. Since these databases commercial, I wonder how you dealt with the license issues. Which exact versions of these databases are used in the pipeline?

Thank you.

Guangxi Wu, Ph.D.

Scientist

Zymo Research Corporation

p:

1-949-679-1190

w:

www.zymoresearch.com

Eric Franzosa

Dec 11, 2019, 3:56:05 PM12/11/19
to humann...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guangxi,

We don't bundle any of the commercial elements of MetaCyc or KEGG with HUMAnN2. The bundled MetaCyc pathway definitions were derived by us based on information included in the v19 release (as downloaded with a free MetaCyc account). KEGG-based data (e.g. principally mappings from UniRef families to KOs) were derived from UniProt's internal ID mapping grid (which is open for download via their FTP server).

Thanks,
Eric