Anyone built Enblend-4.1.4?

Terry Duell

Oct 2, 2015, 2:31:19 AM10/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
I'm having problems here attempting to build Enblend-4.1.4 on Fedora 22.
I have tried the cmake and the autotools approach, neither work for me,
but I have probably have missed something.
I get messages related to gnuplot, essentially saying that no terminal has
been set for gnuplot and no output will be produced. Man pages and info
files, enblend and enfuse binaries are produced but no docs.
If I use autotools, it reports that a number of cmake manual options have
not been used, can't say I have seen that sort of message previously, but
domestic blindness epidemics often rage through here.

Cheers,
Terry Duell

Kornel Benko

Oct 2, 2015, 3:25:23 AM10/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 um 16:31:11, schrieb Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
On ubuntu, I had to load one extra perl package 'libreadonly-perl'.
This was with cmake build.

Kornel
signature.asc

Bruno Postle

Oct 2, 2015, 4:37:11 AM10/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On 2 October 2015 07:31:11 BST, Terry Duell wrote:

>I'm having problems here attempting to build Enblend-4.1.4 on Fedora
>22.
>I have tried the cmake and the autotools approach, neither work for me,

Sorry haven't tried it yet, but I don't think there are any build changes, so if you have all the build requirements for the existing 4.1.3 rpm, then 4.1.4 should be OK.

Building the docs for 4.1.* doesn't work on fedora, so give up on these if it isn't working for you (everything is fine with 4.2 development snapshots).

--
Bruno

Terry Duell

Oct 2, 2015, 5:59:51 AM10/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kornel,

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 17:25:06 +1000, Kornel Benko <Kornel...@berlin.de>
wrote:

> On ubuntu, I had to load one extra perl package 'libreadonly-perl'.
> This was with cmake build.

Thanks.
I'll install that...I think it's perl-Readonly on Fedora.

Terry Duell

Oct 2, 2015, 6:02:29 AM10/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bruno,

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:37:00 +1000, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:

> On 2 October 2015 07:31:11 BST, Terry Duell wrote:
>
>> I'm having problems here attempting to build Enblend-4.1.4 on Fedora
>> 22.
>> I have tried the cmake and the autotools approach, neither work for me,
>
> Sorry haven't tried it yet, but I don't think there are any build
> changes, so if you have all the build requirements for the existing
> 4.1.3 rpm, then 4.1.4 should be OK.

That hasn't been my experience thus far, but quite likely something I've
done.

> Building the docs for 4.1.* doesn't work on fedora, so give up on these
> if it isn't working for you (everything is fine with 4.2 development
> snapshots).

OK.

Kornel Benko

Oct 2, 2015, 7:24:30 AM10/2/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 um 19:59:37, schrieb Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
We need something like
https://github.com/rpavlik/cmake-modules/blob/master/FindPerlModules.cmake
for our documentations. It is not included in cmake modules yet.

Search for used modules in the doc directory gives
# egrep -w '^use' config2tex docstrings updated-on cleantex *.pm | tr -d ';' | gawk '{print $2}'|sort|uniq
Carp
constant
English
File::Basename
File::stat
FindBin
Getopt::Long
IO::File
IO::Handle
lib
OpenFile
POSIX
Readonly
strict
TexAux
warnings
.

Kornel
signature.asc

T. Modes

Oct 3, 2015, 3:49:47 AM10/3/15
Hi Kornel,

Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 09:25:23 UTC+2 schrieb kornel:
Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 um 16:31:11, schrieb Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
> Hello All,
> I'm having problems here attempting to build Enblend-4.1.4 on Fedora 22.

On ubuntu, I had to load one extra perl package 'libreadonly-perl'.
This was with cmake build.

you mix things up. Terry is refering to 4.1.4.
The readonly perl module is only needed for the default branch, but not for 4.1.4

Kornel Benko

Oct 3, 2015, 8:30:45 AM10/3/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2015 um 00:49:47, schrieb T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de>
> Hi Kornel,
>
> Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 09:25:23 UTC+2 schrieb kornel:
> >
> > Am Freitag, 2. Oktober 2015 um 16:31:11, schrieb Terry Duell <
> > tdu...@iinet.net.au <javascript:>>
> > > Hello All,
> > > I'm having problems here attempting to build Enblend-4.1.4 on Fedora 22.
> >
> > On ubuntu, I had to load one extra perl package 'libreadonly-perl'.
> > This was with cmake build.
> >

> you mix things up. Terry is refering to 4.1.4.
> The readonly perl module is only needed for the default branch, but not for
> 4.1.4

Hm, yes. Sorry.

Kornel

Andreas Metzler

Oct 3, 2015, 8:43:44 AM10/3/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

it might help if you could quote the actual error message verbatim
and/or upload a complete buildlog somewhere.

FWIW 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 was painless for me on Debian, no changes except
for dropping some patches.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'

Terry Duell

Oct 3, 2015, 6:03:49 PM10/3/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andreas,

On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 22:42:22 +1000, Andreas Metzler <amet...@bebt.de>
wrote:

> Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> I'm having problems here attempting to build Enblend-4.1.4 on Fedora 22.
>> I have tried the cmake and the autotools approach, neither work for me,
>> but I have probably have missed something.
>> I get messages related to gnuplot, essentially saying that no terminal
>> has
>> been set for gnuplot and no output will be produced. Man pages and info
>> files, enblend and enfuse binaries are produced but no docs.
>> If I use autotools, it reports that a number of cmake manual options
>> have
>> not been used, can't say I have seen that sort of message previously,
>> but
>> domestic blindness epidemics often rage through here.
>
> Hello,
>
> it might help if you could quote the actual error message verbatim
> and/or upload a complete buildlog somewhere.
>
> FWIW 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 was painless for me on Debian, no changes except
> for dropping some patches.

Yes, you are quite right, I should have provided details.
Posting on the subject was really an after thought, and looking for
confirmation or otherwise that 4.1.4 builds OK, as I always first suspect
any problems I encounter are self generated.
I have since had a successful build.
Thanks for your response.