Hugin 2013 32bits crashing and other versions not working

Marcel Corzo

Jan 19, 2015, 3:32:27 PM1/19/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I tried to install de last 2014 hugin 32 bits, but I get a "not a valid win32 application", same on the 2013 and 2012.
So I finally instaled the Hugin_2013.0.0_32bit_Windows.7z, and it worked, but now when a triy to add to a project more photos the program crashes.

Any tip would be helpful or which other version can I install on my Windows XP SP3 32bits?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Marcel

Matthew Petroff

Jan 21, 2015, 1:11:26 PM1/21/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hugin 2014.0.0 only works on Vista and above, although previous 32-bit versions should work. As Windows XP is no longer receiving security updates from Microsoft, I would highly recommend using a different operating system.

-Matthew

David W. Jones

Jan 22, 2015, 1:42:08 AM1/22/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Just my recommendation for Marcel, I'd go with Linux. Depending on
Marcel's hardware, newer versions of Windows might not be a viable
option. (I use Windows 7 at work, on a laptop that was quite fast with
XP, but leisurely under Win7.)

But how well might TinyXP installed on a VirtualBox VM work under newer
Windows OSes?

Marcel might find the previous 32-bit version of Hugin quite suitable.
--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com