Best way to align a stack to base image only

Monkey

Sep 10, 2014, 1:56:00 PM9/10/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Is there an easy to generate control points for a set of images, such that all images are linked only to the first image? Aligning an image stack aligns images in sequence (0-1, 1-2, 2-3, etc) but I would prefer (and think it would be better) if all images were aligned to image 0 only (0-1, 0-2, 0-3, etc). This would stop errors propagating and would ensure that the last image was just as well aligned to image 0 as any other.

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Sep 10, 2014, 4:53:19 PM9/10/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
If you can do scripts, it can be made with one. I don't have the code here, but tell me if you want, so I can take it when I arrive home later.

The script basically generates a PTO file for each pair you may want (which can be hardcoded or passed or have some logic) and then join them into one final PTO.

From what I remember I have basically used pto_gen, then cpfind but don't remember very well if I used some tool to join or did it into the script. Guess you can use pto_merge.

Cheers,

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ