nona produces small TIFF images

Einar Høst

Sep 9, 2014, 3:50:43 PM9/9/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to align a long sequence of 1000+ images of a motive changing slowly over time. My plan is to use pto_gen, cpfind, cpclean, autooptimizer and nona to produce the aligned sequence. However, the output I get are very small images! To be exact, the input files are 2848 × 4272 JPG files, and the output files are 317 × 434 TIFF files. Why? Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Even if I reduce the tool chain to simply pto_gen followed by nona, my images shrink. I assume I'm using nona wrong, and not pto_gen?

The commands I run are
pto_gen -o sequence.pto *.JPG
nona -o output -m TIFF_m sequence.pto

Hopefully the newbie mistake I'm doing is obvious to someone.

Kind regards
Einar

Terry Duell

Sep 9, 2014, 8:45:10 PM9/9/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Einar,
Try this...

pto_gen -o seq.pto *.JPG
pano_modify --projection=0 --fov=AUTO --center --canvas=AUTO --crop=AUTO
-o seq2.pto seq.pto
nona -o output -m TIFF_m seq2.pto

This produces TIFF almost same size as inputs, for my test images.

Cheers,
Terry Duell

Monkey

Sep 10, 2014, 10:25:30 AM9/10/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Not quite on-topic, but out of curiosity, will this generated project try to connect all images to every other image? Can it be done so that images only align to, for example, the first image?

Otherwise there's going to be a LOT of control point finding going on...

Einar Høst

Sep 10, 2014, 10:33:30 AM9/10/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I am using cpfind with --linearmatch to connect only consecutive images against each other to avoid this.

Einar Høst

Sep 10, 2014, 1:39:15 PM9/10/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry,

Thanks a lot, this seems to work! Currently in the process of finding control points... Hopefully the end result will be good.

Kind regards,
Einar

Einar Høst

Sep 11, 2014, 5:40:03 AM9/11/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
This solved my problem, thank you again! :-)

- Einar