Cannot create an aligned stack of images with newest version

AnnetteS

Jan 14, 2015, 2:55:11 PM1/14/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 I use Hugin to align stacks of photographs taken of the same location that don't overlay exactly.  The previous version of Hugin does this nicely, but in trying to use the latest (2014) version, instead of getting a stack of aligned images, I get a single image that appears to be a montage of the input images.  Although this composite is pretty, it is not what I going for.  Has anyone tried this or had this problem, and know how/if it is fixed?

I attached an example - the output from Hugin of 3 pictures seems to have randomly cut and pasted parts of the winter scene onto the fall and summer pictures!

thanks for any help,
-Annette

try.jpg

David Haberthür

Jan 19, 2015, 4:15:26 PM1/19/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Annette.

On 14 Jan 2015, at 20:55, AnnetteS <netti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
 I use Hugin to align stacks of photographs taken of the same location that don't overlay exactly.  The previous version of Hugin does this nicely, but in trying to use the latest (2014) version, instead of getting a stack of aligned images, I get a single image that appears to be a montage of the input images.  Although this composite is pretty, it is not what I going for.  Has anyone tried this or had this problem, and know how/if it is fixed?

Did you tick the “Keep intermediate images” checkbox in the “Create panorama…” window of the assistant?

Hope that helps,
Habi

AnnetteS

Jan 20, 2015, 11:03:16 AM1/20/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

thanks David,

  I never see such a window.  I am using Hugin on a Mac. I did figure it out, with your help.  I was processing the images from the "Stitcher" window, but if I use the "Create Panorama" feature on the Assistant window, the program does ask twice to save files, the pro and the intermediate tifs.  That works.

 -Annette
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 11.02.11 AM.png

David Haberthür

Jan 20, 2015, 3:36:59 PM1/20/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Anette

On 20 Jan 2015, at 17:03, AnnetteS <netti...@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks David,

  I never see such a window.  I am using Hugin on a Mac. I did figure it out, with your help.  I was processing the images from the "Stitcher" window, but if I use the "Create Panorama" feature on the Assistant window, the program does ask twice to save files, the pro and the intermediate tifs.  That works.

Glad it helped,
David

signature.asc