Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

David W. Jones

não lida,
24 de abr. de 2024, 18:29:3024 de abr.
para hugin-ptx
In my testing here, it completely ignores crop settings in the PTO file.
It seems to me that would severely restrict usefulness, particularly in
situations where you have a large panorama with a small crop area.

Ideas?

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

kfj

não lida,
26 de abr. de 2024, 02:10:4726 de abr.
para hugin and other free panoramic software
It shouldn't. But your report is not really enough to figure out what the problem might be. Are you talking about source image cropping or output cropping? So: please send the PTO!

kfj

não lida,
26 de abr. de 2024, 02:23:4826 de abr.
para hugin and other free panoramic software
Maybe you misunderstand something here: output cropping is not applied to the view which lux shows on-screen. lux shows all content which the source images provide, except for the parts which are excluded by source image cropping. Output cropping is only applied when the output is written to an image file and the p-line in the PTO file is applied (press Shift+E). The p-line has no effect on the on-screen view at all. If you want to view readily-cropped output, re-load the stitched image.

David W. Jones

não lida,
26 de abr. de 2024, 04:16:5626 de abr.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, but I think the on-screen view should show the output crop, the way Hugin does without having to load the stitched image manually.

On April 25, 2024 8:23:48 PM HST, 'kfj' via hugin and other free panoramic software <hugi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Maybe you misunderstand something here: output cropping is not applied to the view which lux shows on-screen. lux shows all content which the source images provide, except for the parts which are excluded by source image cropping. Output cropping is only applied when the output is written to an image file and the p-line in the PTO file is applied (press Shift+E). The p-line has no effect on the on-screen view at all. If you want to view readily-cropped output, re-load the stitched image.

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com
exploring the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.

kfj

não lida,
26 de abr. de 2024, 04:44:0926 de abr.
On Friday, April 26, 2024 at 10:16:56 AM UTC+2 GnomeNomad wrote:
Thanks, but I think the on-screen view should show the output crop, the way Hugin does without having to load the stitched image manually.
Well, at times you just don't get what you want ;-)
If you look at what hugin shows you when you choose the cropping rectangle, you also see the parts of the image set which, later on, are cut off when the cropping happens. The only thing which lux does differently is that it does not mark these areas by making them a bit darker, and lux does not show the cropping rectangle as a white rectangle. lux also does not offer any interface to modify the cropping window. I feel that it's better for a program which is primarily an image *viewer* to show users all the available content and let them choose which part of the content they wish to look at and, potentially, save as a snapshot (pressing 'E'). Honouring the cropping rectangle in the p-line is to allow for stitching to the PTO file's specs (press Shift+E), so that lux can function as a drop-in replacement for stitching - nice to have, but more of a side product: I show the stitched view, so I might as well offer stitching services beyond capturing what's in the current display. That's how 'source-like snapshots' and the processing of the p-line came to be.
One might consider adding code to lux to show all kinds of additional information - the cropping rectangle in the PTO's p-line is one such thing, then masks, horizon guideline etc.. I have thought about adding an optional vector layer for such data, but I haven't implemented anything along those lines yet, even though I find the idea attractive. Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to provide some sort of hugin clone. lux is a separate program and uses it's own logic, even though it can do things like understand PTO format to an extent, which I think is no mean feat. I think there aren't many image viewers out there which can do that at all.

Maarten Verberne

não lida,
27 de abr. de 2024, 03:36:5927 de abr.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com
i was wondering, is there a command in lux to save files with only the
.jpg extension and forego the .pto.lux.[number].jpg extension?

kfj

não lida,
27 de abr. de 2024, 04:01:5427 de abr.
para hugin and other free panoramic software
There are some options which may help you (copied from https://kfj.bitbucket.io/lux_options.html):

snapshot_prefix

    This option sets the prefix used for snapshots, stitches and fusions. The default is to use the source image's filename suffixed with .lux. If you pass --snapshot_prefix=xyz the images will be named xyz1.jpg, xyz2.jpg etc.

    Note that the prefix will persist throughout the entire lux session, so you can go through a set of images and take snapshots where you like, and all snapshots from the session will share the prefix and be numbered sequentially.

snapshot_basename

    This option forces the snapshot (or stitch or fusion) base name, and the resulting image will be named by combining this base name with the snapshot extension, with no intervening infixes. ...

I'll have to edit the text for the second one, though - the statement that extant files are overwritten without warning is no longer true. If you want to use the latter option, you can't do it in a batch job - then you need a separate lux invocation for each rendition. But then, you have total control: delete the output file if it's there, call lux with --snapshot_basename and --snapshot_extension to your liking. That is probably what you want.

This is a bit awkward for batch processing - it might be cleaner to use some sort of format string. I'll make a mental note and think about reworking the snapshot naming.

David W. Jones

não lida,
27 de abr. de 2024, 04:21:2227 de abr.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com
I agree, lux is an achievement. It's the only image viewer besides Hugin that can view PTO files.

For lux to function fully as a *viewer* for PTO files, I think it needs to apply the PTO file's crop settings. It can have an option to use (or not use) the crop settings.

Kay F. Jahnke

não lida,
27 de abr. de 2024, 04:35:3127 de abr.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 27.04.24 10:21, David W. Jones wrote:

> I agree, lux is an achievement. It's the only image viewer besides Hugin that can view PTO files.

I think 'Panini Perspective Tool' made an attempt or at least a claim -
didn't they come up with a 'pro' version after some time asking for
money? I managed to build it from the last freely available sources for
a while, but it never worked for me... especially the PTO viewing never
did what I wanted. Maybe because I tried to get it to run on Linux.

> For lux to function fully as a *viewer* for PTO files, I think it needs to apply the PTO file's crop settings. It can have an option to use (or not use) the crop settings.

Okay, point taken. Maybe in a future lux version.

David W. Jones

não lida,
27 de abr. de 2024, 05:04:1027 de abr.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com

On April 26, 2024 10:35:22 PM HST, "'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and other free panoramic software" <hugi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> On 27.04.24 10:21, David W. Jones wrote:
> >
> > I agree, lux is an achievement. It's the only image viewer besides Hugin that can view PTO files.
>
> I think 'Panini Perspective Tool' made an attempt or at least a claim - didn't they come up with a 'pro' version after some time asking for money? I managed to build it from the last freely available sources for a while, but it never worked for me... especially the PTO viewing never did what I wanted. Maybe because I tried to get it to run on Linux.

I think I found their site:

<https://github.com/lazarus-pkgs/panini>

Not very active. The most recent AppImage is 0.73 from 2019. Didn't see anything about a 'pro' version.

> > For lux to function fully as a *viewer* for PTO files, I think it needs to apply the PTO file's crop settings. It can have an option to use (or not use) the crop settings.
>
> Okay, point taken. Maybe in a future lux version.

Thanks, that would make it more useful image viewer.

Kay F. Jahnke

não lida,
27 de abr. de 2024, 05:43:3127 de abr.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 27.04.24 11:04, David W. Jones wrote:

> On April 26, 2024 10:35:22 PM HST, "'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and other free panoramic software" <hugi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think 'Panini Perspective Tool' made an attempt ...
>
> I think I found their site:
>
> <https://github.com/lazarus-pkgs/panini>

well found - I last saw their site on sourceforge. I tried the AppImage.
They have a menu point to open a PT file, but then it only pops up a
small window 'to be implemented'. So much for that...

And I tried a full spherical, it did not work right. But you see what
they were aiming at.

> Not very active. The most recent AppImage is 0.73 from 2019. Didn't see anything about a 'pro' version.

Seems to be all FOSS now. Even though I never managed to get it to work
for me, it was an inspiration. Also mathmap, remember that?

https://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/mathmap/

I once wrote to them telling them thank you and that they were an
inspiration, but nothing ensued.

Now I have lux. I think I'm better off.

David W. Jones

não lida,
28 de abr. de 2024, 00:18:3028 de abr.
para 'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and other free panoramic software
On 4/26/24 23:43, 'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and other free panoramic
software wrote:
> On 27.04.24 11:04, David W. Jones wrote:
>>

>> On April 26, 2024 10:35:22 PM HST, "'Kay F. Jahnke' via hugin and
>> other free panoramic software" <hugi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think 'Panini Perspective Tool' made an attempt ...
>>
>> I think I found their site:
>>
>> <https://github.com/lazarus-pkgs/panini>
>
> well found - I last saw their site on sourceforge. I tried the
> AppImage. They have a menu point to open a PT file, but then it only
> pops up a small window 'to be implemented'. So much for that...
>
> And I tried a full spherical, it did not work right. But you see what
> they were aiming at.

When I tried to navigate to a PTO file, I got repeated error messages
about not being able to create a collator. It then froze up without
opening anything.

Perhaps those are issues in 0.73 that are fixed in 0.74, but they don't
build or test on Debian or Debian derivatives. And I don't feel like
going through the compilation process just to see.

>> Not very active. The most recent AppImage is 0.73 from 2019. Didn't
>> see anything about a 'pro' version.
>
> Seems to be all FOSS now. Even though I never managed to get it to
> work for me, it was an inspiration. Also mathmap, remember that?
>
> https://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/mathmap/
Never heard of it before!
> I once wrote to them telling them thank you and that they were an
> inspiration, but nothing ensued.

I checked their site, they don't offer a Linux binary anymore. When they
did, it was tied to OpenSUSE

It looks like nothing is going on about fixing their "technical hiccup"
with their Linux build.

Oh, well! Moral of the story: Don't do personal and/or hobby projects
through your employer's account.

> Now I have lux. I think I'm better off.

Not perfect, but it works. 😉

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com
wandering the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Bernard Lang

não lida,
7 de mai. de 2024, 07:23:307 de mai.
para hugi...@googlegroups.com, la...@datcha.net

Help please

I try to stop being sent email by the Google Groups "hugin and other free
panoramic software" group.

The only answer I received is that the group will not do anything because I am
not a member.

Can someone help me.

I think the address used to send me these mails is bea...@datcha.net
an address I used many years ago.

Thanks

Bernard

* Maarten Verberne <mpgve...@gmail.com>, le 27-04-24, a écrit:

> --
> A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

Bernar...@datcha.net ,_ /\o \o/ mobile +33 6 6206 1693
http://www.datcha.net/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ fixe +33 1 3056 1693

Bruno Postle

não lida,
7 de mai. de 2024, 11:03:037 de mai.
para hugin and other free panoramic software, la...@datcha.net
Done, you shouldn't get any more posts from the group - Bruno

Bernard Lang

não lida,
7 de mai. de 2024, 11:45:547 de mai.
para Bruno Postle, hugin and other free panoramic software, la...@datcha.net