Possible to align color profiles?

Einar Høst

Sep 11, 2014, 7:19:01 AM9/11/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I'm a newbie, so I don't quite know how to pose this question correctly.

I have a sequence of images taken of almost the same motif over time. Naturally, there is some variation in light and colors in the resulting photos, depending on time of day, lighting conditions and so forth. Is there something I can do to "align" the colors of the images, so that they seem as homogenous as possible?

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Einar

Einar Høst

Sep 11, 2014, 3:31:06 PM9/11/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
The main issue is the brightness/exposure/white balance I suppose. Currently running autooptimizer -m to see if it helps.

- Einar

Einar Høst

Sep 12, 2014, 3:37:48 AM9/12/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to predict the running time of autooptimizer -m? The process has been running through the night and is currently at iteration 124...

Lukas Jirkovsky

Sep 14, 2014, 4:47:16 AM9/14/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 12 September 2014 09:37, Einar Høst <ein...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to predict the running time of autooptimizer -m? The
> process has been running through the night and is currently at iteration
> 124...

No, but from my exeprience if the autooptimizer runs for more than a
few minutes (in case of large panoramas maybe few dozens of minutes),
it is stuck.

Bruno Postle

Sep 14, 2014, 7:30:45 AM9/14/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, Einar Høst

On 11 September 2014 12:19:01 BST, Einar Høst wrote:

>I have a sequence of images taken of almost the same motif over time.
>Naturally, there is some variation in light and colors in the resulting
>
>photos, depending on time of day, lighting conditions and so forth. Is
>there something I can do to "align" the colors of the images, so that
>they
>seem as homogenous as possible?

The Hugin photometric optimisation will do this, but will fail badly if shadows and objects have moved between shots.

I *think* the optimiser will ignore masked areas, so you might get this to work by creating temporary masks to hide variable features like shadows, doing the photometric optimisation, then disabling the masks when rendering the output.

Alternatively, if you have a grey/white object in the scene you could correct the white balance for the photos one at a time using the picker in the preview window. This won't correct brightness.

--
Bruno