Just installed 2013 release, but contrast is now very poor on final stitched results

andrewilley

Sep 7, 2014, 7:02:41 PM9/7/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I just installed the 2013 release, but the contrast is very poor on the final stitched TIFF files compared to the previous version (using the same source files, which are TIFFs built from camera-RAW images, optimised using matching settings for how I want the panorama to look).

I must have got a setting wrong somewhere, but I can't see where (adjusting the EV value just makes the overall image a lot lighter or darker, it does not restore the depth of contrast that is present in the source files). Any initial thoughts on what I might have done wrong during the upgrade?

Andre

Terry Duell

Sep 7, 2014, 8:40:52 PM9/7/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andre
This does sound a lot like the Enblend bug ...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/1157155

Try using the --no-ciecam option for Enblend and see if it helps.

Cheres,
Terry Duell

andrewilley

Sep 10, 2014, 11:15:35 AM9/10/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
That was indeed the problem, many thanks for your help. I assume the 2014 test release of hugin would probably fix this too?

Now all I need to do is find out how to hide/disable all the multiple "wrong data type 7 for RichTIFFIPTC tag" warning messages that the various TIFF reading module generate during a control point scan and/or stitch operation (My TIFFs are all created in Photoshop; the warnings can be dismissed easily enough, but there are 40+ of them per panorama, which gets annoying).

Kind Regards,

Andre

T. Modes

Sep 12, 2014, 5:38:50 AM9/12/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Am Mittwoch, 10. September 2014 17:15:35 UTC+2 schrieb andrewilley:
I assume the 2014 test release of hugin would probably fix this too?

As Terry already wrote, this is a bug in enblend. It has already fixed in enblend 4.1.3
(Hugin 2013.0 comes with enblend 4.1.2 bundled).
So you can download the newest enblend version and replace the bundled one.