Projecting images without fusing? (For manual fusing.)

Tim McCormack

Dec 7, 2014, 1:28:58 PM12/7/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I have a series of photos <http://imgur.com/a/gNtXu> of a sticker with chainlink in front of it. I'd like to get rid of the chainlink. The current approach I'm thinking of is to use hugin to align the images with each other *without* blending them into a panorama so that I can manually stitch them. However, I can't seem to figure out which set of options I need to use in order to achieve this. Any suggestions?

- I'm using version 2011.4.0.cf9be9344356
- Exposure correction doesn't matter to me either direction.

Thanks!

 - Tim McCormack

Roger Broadie

Dec 8, 2014, 7:39:02 AM12/8/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Tim McCormack <phy...@gmail.com> wrote on Sun, 7 Dec 2014 at 10:28:58
-0800 (PST):
-----
-----
Isn't the underlying problem that your setup does not correspond with
either of the Hugin models? The images are not taken from a central
viewpoint, because you need to shift the image of the fence relative to
the stickers. But neither, strictly, can the photomosaic model be
applied to the area behind the fence, because the stickers are clearly
attached to a curved surface. Surely, that means that parallax will
always be a problem and alignment of the stickers will never be fully
achievable by aligning the whole images

But even so one can get quite a long way using the photomosaic model in
the 2013 Windows version, as attached. I've included some fairly crude
masking to get rid of much of the fence, which shows where the alignment
is at least roughly satisfactory. It looks as though the YES sticker is
going to need the most hand-editing.

Sorry I've changed the image names.

Roger Broadie

Stickers.pto