video for Hugin

Luís Henrique Camargo Quiroz

Nov 12, 2015, 11:38:59 AM11/12/15
to edan...@slashdotmedia.com, hugi...@googlegroups.com

    Hi,

    I just saw the video Sourceforge is planning to put in the Hugin summary.
    The idea of having a video is good, but the video at <https://youtu.be/EYa21pinHJo> should have been prepared in order to show a real use case. None of the situations shown in the video are of a real panorama editing/stitching (altough the "panorama" with the animals could have its purpose), so, they are absolutely misleading.
    Some of the tutorials, as

Stitching two photos together

or

Stitching Multi-row photos together

could be used in order to create a new video which really shows what Hugin is intended for, and how to use it correctly.

   In few words: please don´t put the video at <https://youtu.be/EYa21pinHJo> in Hugin project summary!

   Luis Henrique

dgjohnston

Nov 12, 2015, 5:18:22 PM11/12/15
to Hugin Pano
Is any of this getting to sourceforge? Not sure we have to do anything new, either of these two videos would be far superior to what they created.

Sent from my Samsung device
--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

David W. Jones

Nov 13, 2015, 12:41:59 AM11/13/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I think a video that shows what can be done using Hugin (maybe a set of
"before" pictures, then show the "after" panorama?), and demonstrating
the Assistant process? Would someone who's not even yet acquired an
interest in using Hugin be interested in steps on how to DO anything in
it? (That first video especially suffers from that.)

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com