Using Hugin with LightRoom

Stan Green

Jul 11, 2014, 8:44:33 AM7/11/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Has anybody worked out an easy way to create a panorama using Hugin in combination with Light Room 5 without having to first export the images to the desktop?

Matthieu DESILE

Jul 11, 2014, 9:15:02 AM7/11/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
that depends on your images; if they are in RAW format, you can
not (if I remember correctly, Hugin does not handle RAW format).

If they are in tiff or JPEG, you can setup an External Editor
with Hugin as the application.

If you do not export your images, be aware that any development
settings will not be applied on your images.

Cheers,

Matthieu

PS: I do not have Hugin nor Lightroom in front of me right now and never
had setup that kind of workflow, but it should work.

dex Otaku

Jul 12, 2014, 4:40:55 AM7/12/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
hi mac user,
my workflow is this: (noting i don't usually shoot hdr)
..do basic exposure editing to raw in lightroom
..export all frames into a subfolder as 16-bit tiff (colour profiles get passed by the hugin chain) intermediates since hugin doesn't natively support raw
..do the work in hugin with the tiff files, render as low dynamic range, exposure corrected
..if i consider the output “finished” i delete the intermediates
..finish processing the pano in lightroom

this may not be the most efficient way of doing things on your gear (lots of 16-bit, high-res images require lots of memory during processing by such as enblend). if you don't have lots of RAM and don't mind the quality loss it can be faster to use the same process substituting jpgs or 8-bit tiff for the 16-bit described above, but you're limited to 8-bit colour throughout that way. depending on how and what you're shooting, or if you expect not to post-process or not, that might not matter to you.

cheers,