How to create a new keyboard shortcut

Ronan Lietar

Feb 26, 2023, 3:03:34 PM2/26/23
I would like to create a keyboard shortcut for: "Apply Template".
Anyone know how to do it?

T. Modes

Feb 27, 2023, 11:44:51 AM2/27/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2023 um 21:03:34 UTC+1:
I would like to create a keyboard shortcut for: "Apply Template".
Anyone know how to do it?

Hi, the keyboard shortcuts are hard coded. There is currently no user way to change them.

For stitching time lapse panorama have a look at https://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell to usage of scripting to do the time lapse.

Ronan Lietar

Feb 27, 2023, 12:40:59 PM2/27/23
Thank you !

T. Modes

Mar 2, 2023, 2:05:18 PM3/2/23
I added a new function to PTBatcherGUI. It can now automatic generate a list of panoramas if the image are named after a schema.
It is in the default branch.
This should help to generate the necessary files for stitching your time-lapse sequence.

Ronan Lietar

Mar 2, 2023, 3:07:23 PM3/2/23
Thank you very much !
I try to use it but it doesn't find any panorama.
I named the images 01,02,03and 04 to make a test.
Is there a particular schema to name them ?
The images are coming from a Tikee 3 Pro.
They are full frame fish eyes.

T. Modes

Mar 3, 2023, 11:22:34 AM3/3/23

ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 2. März 2023 um 21:07:23 UTC+1:
Thank you very much !
I try to use it but it doesn't find any panorama.
I named the images 01,02,03and 04 to make a test.
Is there a particular schema to name them ?

No, it is very flexible for the naming. I will write a short documentation in the next days.
Some first hints:
1. Create a template pto file for the first pano/frame.
2. Now load this template with "Generate sequence from template" in PTBatcherGUI.
It lists now all images in the template. You need to give a directory and/or image template.
This should provide instruction how to generate the filenames for the other frames. For this there are 3 different counters available:
%p is counting up for each pano, this counter determines also how many panoramas are generated.
%i is counting up for each images in each pano and resets to 0 for each pano
%x is a consecutive counter
For each counter the start value and the step width can be set. Also the number of digits used can be set (padding with zeros, width 4 would be 0001, 0002, ...)

Some examples (assuming template has 6 images ):
a) consecutive image numbers
     pano0: img0.jpg, img1.jpg, ... , img5.jpg
     pano1: img6.jpg, img7.jpg, ..., img11.jpg
     pano2: ...
    Sequence image name should be img%x.jpg for all images (this can be easily done by "change all images")
b) panox-y.jpg type
    pano0: pano0-0.jpg, pano0-1.jpg, ... , pano0-5.jpg
    pano1: pano1-0.jpg, pano1-1.jpg, ... , pano1-5.jpg
    Sequence image name: pano%p-%i.jpg
c) subdirectory for each pano
    pano0: pano0/img_0.jpg, pano0/img_1.jpg, .. , pano0/img_5.jpg
    pano1: pano1/img_0.jpg, pano1/img_1.jpg, .. , pano1/img_5.jpg
   Directory template: pano%p (if no other sub-directories exits you can also use the option "iterate all sub-directories")
   Sequence image name: img_%i.jpg
d) sub-directory for each individual camera (assuming 3 camera)
    pano0: left/0.jpg, center/0.jpg, right/0.jpg
    pano1: left/1.jpg, center/1.jpg, right/1.jpg

   Sequence image names:
   for first image: left/%p.jpg
   for second image: center/%p.jpg
   for third image: right/%p.jpg

All paths are relative to the given base path. By default this is the path of the template pto file. But this can be changed.
The generated pto files are saved in the base path.

By pressing "Generate preview" you can generate the file list for the current settings. If it matches your folder/file structure then press "Generate assistant/stitching sequence". This will generate all pto files and add them to PTBatcherGUI queue.
The filenames of the generated pto files can be chosen with the different naming choices in the dialog.

I hope this makes it a little bit more clear. I added also some first help text to the dialog. If somebody has better ideas for the help text or the naming of some buttons, this can be changed. Make suggestions.

I assume that should cover a lot of different naming variants. If not write your use case and we will see if this can also be extended.

T. Modes

Mar 18, 2023, 8:47:30 AM3/18/23
Hi Ronan,

does it works now with the instructions?
I haven't heart anything from you or anybody else trying the new function.
Is there something unclear? Or does it not work?

Thomas

Ronan Lietar

Mar 20, 2023, 8:24:35 AM3/20/23
Hi Thomas,
I have created a template pto file for the first pano/frame but
I can't find  "Generate sequence from template" in PTBatcherGUI.

Ronan Lietar

Mar 20, 2023, 8:26:11 AM3/20/23
Here is the menu of my french version
PTBatcherGUI.jpg

T. Modes

Mar 20, 2023, 3:46:56 PM3/20/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 20. März 2023 um 13:24:35 UTC+1:
Hi Thomas,
I have created a template pto file for the first pano/frame but
I can't find  "Generate sequence from template" in PTBatcherGUI.

It should in in menu File (Fichier), below item Search in directories (Rechercher dans le répertoire).
Have you compiled the default branch with all current commits?

Ronan Lietar

Mar 20, 2023, 8:28:26 PM3/20/23
I didn't compiled the default branch with all current commits. I never done that and don't know how to do it.
I copied and replace the 2 xrc files into the xrc directory of hugin. But I don't find where are the .cpp, .txt and .h files in the directory of the programme.
 I am sorry, I'm not a computeur programmer.

T. Modes

Mar 21, 2023, 12:39:13 PM3/21/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Dienstag, 21. März 2023 um 01:28:26 UTC+1:
I didn't compiled the default branch with all current commits. I never done that and don't know how to do it.
I copied and replace the 2 xrc files into the xrc directory of hugin. But I don't find where are the .cpp, .txt and .h files in the directory of the programme.
 I am sorry, I'm not a computeur programmer.

Yes, it is not done by simply copying these files. I have now seen that you are on Windows. It is not so easy for a beginner to compile Hugin.

Ronan Lietar

Mar 23, 2023, 10:54:44 AM3/23/23
How can I do ? Can't I upload a version of Hugin already compile ? Or perahps I can find a step by step to do it ?

T. Modes

Mar 23, 2023, 12:18:58 PM3/23/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 23. März 2023 um 15:54:44 UTC+1:
How can I do ? Can't I upload a version of Hugin already compile ? Or perahps I can find a step by step to do it ?

There is an outdated instruction on the panotools wiki https://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_SDK_(MSVC_2013)
It was not updated for a long time and some things changed since then.
But if you never compiled before it will be very difficult to do.

Extract to a new folder and run PTBatcherGUI from there. For a first test don't overwrite any existing installation. (I've done no installer on purpose.)
For information: In Hugin 2023.0 the file format of the batch queue will change. So the new version will have it's own queue. And the old version will not read the new format.

Ronan Lietar

Mar 29, 2023, 2:43:13 AM3/29/23
Thank you so much !
I could generate a sequence from template of 100 panoramas :-)
Could you increase the number of panorama to one thousand or more ?
Anyway many thanks again !

T. Modes

Mar 29, 2023, 12:14:40 PM3/29/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, 29. März 2023 um 08:43:13 UTC+2:
Thank you so much !
I could generate a sequence from template of 100 panoramas :-)
Could you increase the number of panorama to one thousand or more ?

I was not aware that the spin controls have a default maximum value of 100. This is fixed now in the repository and the maximum if increased.
By doing so I found also a bug in the filename generating code (only when using the panoramaXXX.pto type), which is now also fixed.

Thomas

Ronan Lietar

Mar 29, 2023, 12:56:38 PM3/29/23
Wonderful !
Should I download anew zip archive from sourceforge ?

T. Modes

Mar 29, 2023, 3:12:35 PM3/29/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, 29. März 2023 um 18:56:38 UTC+2:
Wonderful !
Should I download anew zip archive from sourceforge ?

Sorry, I have not yet uploaded a new compiled version. This adds more work for me.

Ronan Lietar

Mar 31, 2023, 8:22:58 AM3/31/23
No problem, let me know when you've done it :-)

T. Modes

Apr 1, 2023, 9:52:24 AM4/1/23
ronan...@gmail.com schrieb am Freitag, 31. März 2023 um 14:22:58 UTC+2:
No problem, let me know when you've done it :-)

Okay, I fixed some more issues and did some optimization. It should now work better for bigger sequences.