deb packages

Qji

Dec 5, 2014, 12:00:06 PM12/5/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

I'm an Ubuntu user and I wanted to use the latest (2014.0) Hugin, but I prefer to use deb packages. As I see you have a PPA on launchpad (https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/hugin-builds), but it's outdated a bit. Anyway, I'm not sure if any of the maintainer of this PPA is here. Is the PPA an official channel? Is it planned to update? I'm pretty sure many Ubuntu user would be happy with that. :)

Qji

David W. Jones

Dec 5, 2014, 2:02:33 PM12/5/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, add Debian Sid repository to your sources and get the DEB directly?

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

Stefan Peter

Dec 5, 2014, 2:50:17 PM12/5/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'm quite busy currently.

Yes, I'm still the only maintainer of the Hugin Ubuntu packages. I have
built a set for 2014.0, but there have been problems reported and I have
decided to let some time go by and let the Debian guys sort it all out
for us. It seems that I will have to get it going again, though ...

Tonight, I will be moving over 2014.0.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1 for utopic and
trusty to https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/hugin-builds, but
I will have to follow this up with a bugfix version real soon. However,
due to my current workload, I can't promise a date for this.

With kind regards

Stefan Peter

--
"In summary, I think you are trying to solve a problem that may not
need to be solved, using a tool that is not meant to solve it, without

signature.asc