One thing not fixed in beta2 or is it enblend 4.1.3?

David W. Jones

Jun 10, 2015, 3:38:28 AM6/10/15
to hugin-ptx
I have it here on 64-bit Linux.

I shoot RAW files, convert them all using the same program with the same
settings ... and enblend insists that none of the input 16-bit TIFFs
have the same ICC profile. Yet every single frame DOES have the same ICC
profile. Which enblend dutifully reports that both images have the same
ICC profile, while warning me that they don't.

enblend: warning: input image "pict2089-20150607-pict2096-201506070003.tif"
enblend: warning: has ICC profile "sRGB IEC61966-2.1",
enblend: warning: but first image has ICC profile "sRGB IEC61966-2.1";
enblend: warning: blending images with different color spaces
enblend: warning: may have unexpected results

enblend: warning: input image "pict2089-20150607-pict2096-201506070004.tif"
enblend: warning: has ICC profile "sRGB IEC61966-2.1",
enblend: warning: but first image has ICC profile "sRGB IEC61966-2.1";
enblend: warning: blending images with different color spaces
enblend: warning: may have unexpected results

enblend: warning: input image "pict2089-20150607-pict2096-201506070005.tif"

--
David W. Jones
gnome...@gmail.com

cspiel

Jun 10, 2015, 10:05:58 AM6/10/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
This overzealous warning was fixed in rev 3e1c4bc71018.
See:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/1364695

However, thinking of the warning again, I have reached the following
conclusion:
    If we blend inside the RGB-cube, mixing profiles or alternating
    between profile and no-profile images deserves a warning.  If we blend
    in a dedicated colorspace (Luv, Lab, ...) all the differences will
    have been transformed out for us before the blending step and any
    discrepancies of profiles just deserve an `info' message.
Actually, the above is my commit-message for the patch that will
let Enblend (and Enfuse) discriminate the blend-colorspace and
adjust the messages accordingly.  Let me know, if my logic is
botched.  I have not yet thought about floating-point images,
though...

Cheers,
    Chris

David W. Jones

Jun 11, 2015, 3:51:51 AM6/11/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
How do I tell what version I have?

cspiel

Jun 11, 2015, 7:02:13 AM6/11/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 11 June 2015 09:51:51 UTC+2, GnomeNomad wrote:
How do I tell what version I have?

PATH/TO/YOUR/ENBLEND/BINARY/enblend --version

To look up a particular revision (as opposed to `version')
you'll need access to a Mercurial repository of the
Enblend/Enfuse project.

/cls

Gnome Nomad

Jun 12, 2015, 12:40:57 AM6/12/15
to hugin-ptx

Too bad Debian maintainers don't include revision info in their changelog.

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

Andreas Metzler

Jun 13, 2015, 2:36:11 AM6/13/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Gnome Nomad <gnome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2015 1:02 AM, "cspiel" <csp...@freenet.de> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 11 June 2015 09:51:51 UTC+2, GnomeNomad wrote:

>>> How do I tell what version I have?

>> PATH/TO/YOUR/ENBLEND/BINARY/enblend --version

>> To look up a particular revision (as opposed to `version')
>> you'll need access to a Mercurial repository of the
>> Enblend/Enfuse project.

> Too bad Debian maintainers don't include revision info in their changelog.

Hello,

If we shipped a hg snapshot we would document it, however currently we
are shipping the 4.1.3 release (See
/usr/share/doc/enfuse/changelog.Debian.gz), which is properly tagged
in the upstream enblend-enfuse hg repository (4a8e6842c833).

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'

David W. Jones

Jun 17, 2015, 1:51:04 AM6/17/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 06/12/2015 08:35 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Gnome Nomad <gnome...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> PATH/TO/YOUR/ENBLEND/BINARY/enblend --version
>
>>> To look up a particular revision (as opposed to `version')
>>> you'll need access to a Mercurial repository of the
>>> Enblend/Enfuse project.
>
>> Too bad Debian maintainers don't include revision info in their changelog.
>
> Hello,
>
> If we shipped a hg snapshot we would document it, however currently we
> are shipping the 4.1.3 release (See
> /usr/share/doc/enfuse/changelog.Debian.gz), which is properly tagged
> in the upstream enblend-enfuse hg repository (4a8e6842c833).
>
> cu Andreas

Thanks.