Beginning with hugin scripting

Rafael Camargo

Jun 13, 2016, 1:19:55 PM6/13/16
Sorry, I'm a completely beginner here, seeking for help.
I'm running Hugin on Ubuntu and I'd like to create a script that could align some batches of images (.tif).
However, I still didn't get where I should type the script. Is it on the Ubuntu terminal? I couldn't even load the images.

Then, any tutorial on those very elementary steps please? I haven't found any yet.

Just in case, my images are in batch of 6 images (taken by 6 different sensors) which have always a slightly difference in perspective once the sensors are set beside each other. Then, I'd like basically to follow the steps suggested as "Aligning with hugin", but scripting and using Autopano-sift-C for control points.
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/Align_a_stack_of_photos.html

Thank you in advance
Rafael

Terry Duell

Jun 13, 2016, 7:43:05 PM6/13/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rafael,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 03:06:08 +1000, Rafael Camargo <raf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry, I'm a completely beginner here, seeking for help.
> I'm running Hugin on Ubuntu and I'd like to create a script that could
> align some batches of images (.tif).
> However, I still didn't get where I should type the script. Is it on the
> Ubuntu terminal? I couldn't even load the images.
>
> Then, any tutorial on those very elementary steps please? I haven't found
> any yet.

The Hugin tutorials do provide some examples of shell scripts, there's one
here...

<http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/hugin-2015.0.0/en.shtml>

Normally you would write your script using any text editor, and save it as
fred.sh (say), make it executable (file properties -> permissions) and
then run the script, from a terminal, in the dir where your image files
reside.

See if the example in the above tute helps, and note that depending on
which version of Hugin you are using, your script will need to call 'make'
(pre hugin-2015) or 'hugin_executor' (hugin-2015 and later).

Get back to us if you still have problems getting a script to work as you
would like.

Cheers,
Terry Duell

Rafael Camargo