2016.2.0 RC.1 Windows x64 Problem with large HDR output above 5000x2500 pixels

Chris Blunt

Jul 22, 2016, 10:48:59 AM7/22/16
Hi folks,

I've been really interested in panoramas for some time now and recently invested in some kit to get going on this.  When it comes to stitching I have been trying to get to grips with Hugin and after some perseverance I have made some good results.

I do however have some issues and could really use some expert guidance.  To get a nice exposure I have shot my images bracketed -1, 0, +1, load those into Hugin which seems be OK at detecting the stacks, the panorama all looks good and I can stitch to an HDR output without any problems to a size of approximately 5000 x 2500 once I start heading up above there towards the native resolution of the images 18000 x 9000 my resulting image is missing a section.  If I just export to LDR JPG it will stitch full size but of course I loose the dynamic range.

I originally tried the Stable 32 bit version and it would suffer running out of memory, I then moved to this version: 2016.2.0.48cb11a23351 built by Thomas and now have 16 gig of RAM on an i5.

I don't want to give up on Hugin and my budget is cooked on the hardware.

Your guidance and support would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Chris