Batch-automagically find picture groups

Nicolas Ecarnot

Jun 26, 2016, 1:09:50 PM6/26/16
Hello,

Though being Linux and Hugin (happy) user for years, a friend of mine showed me the commercial software Kolor Autopano.
In a directory containing a thousand of pictures, there were 5 groups of pictures that were panoramas.

Using Hugin and Autopano, I was very surprised to witness that the results were very similar (so I'm confirming I'm happy with Hugin).

One major comfort point on the Autopano side is its ability to scan a whole directory, and detect the sets of pictures that will take part of a pano.
Then the software prepares those sets in the same "project way" we know in Hugin, and lets the user play with the settings and the rendering.
This feature sounds basic to code, as it's merely based on time stamps (closest time stamps are likely to be panoramas - the offset is adjustable).

I was wondering if such a feature could exist in the Hugin world?

Thank you,

Nicolas Ecarnot

T. Modes

Jun 26, 2016, 1:56:48 PM6/26/16
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 26. Juni 2016 19:09:50 UTC+2 schrieb Nicolas Ecarnot:
One major comfort point on the Autopano side is its ability to scan a whole directory, and detect the sets of pictures that will take part of a pano.
Then the software prepares those sets in the same "project way" we know in Hugin, and lets the user play with the settings and the rendering.
This feature sounds basic to code, as it's merely based on time stamps (closest time stamps are likely to be panoramas - the offset is adjustable).

I was wondering if such a feature could exist in the Hugin world?

PTBatcherGUI, "File>Search directory for…>Images.." does not what you want?

bugbear

Jun 27, 2016, 4:13:47 AM6/27/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a Unix tool a while ago to batch up sets of photographs, not for panoramas,
but for HDR. I suspect it's similar.

It's 174 lines of Perl, but I suspect it may rely on some particularities on my Camera and/or its Exif.

BugBear

Zoilo ABAD

Jun 28, 2016, 1:53:05 AM6/28/16
Hi

We are little by little doing a open source solution to film in 360degre.
For that we have the same probleme, stitch a lot of picture with the same project pattern
You can check on this page to see our solution for the moment
Stitch tutorial
Maybe hugin batch tool can do the same but we never reach to make that work...
the tool we have make copy the pto template and change the input picture name to after open with hugin batch tool.

Can be a good idea to put this function on Hugin no?