Trouble installing Hugin 2015.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 (codename "precise")

John Barham

Aug 31, 2015, 3:04:58 AM8/31/15

I'm having trouble upgrading Hugin 2015.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 (codename "precise"). The default Hugin version for Ubuntu 12.04 was 2013.0.0 but I need some of the newer features so I added the Hugin PPA per the instructions at https://launchpad.net/~hugin/+archive/ubuntu/hugin-builds (i.e., I ran "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hugin/hugin-builds" followed by "apt-get update") but when I try running "apt-get install hugin" I get the following error:

# apt-get install hugin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 hugin : Depends: hugin-tools (= 2014.0.0+dfsg-5ubuntu1~precise) but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: libpano13-3 but it is not installable

Any ideas? Has anyone successfully Hugin 2015.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04?

Thanks, John

Terry Duell

Aug 31, 2015, 3:18:16 AM8/31/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 13:56:34 +1000, John Barham <jba...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> hugin : Depends: hugin-tools (= 2014.0.0+dfsg-5ubuntu1~precise) but it
> is
> not going to be installed
> Depends: libpano13-3 but it is not installable
>

> Any ideas? Has anyone successfully Hugin 2015.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04?

I don't use Ubuntu, so I'm guessing a bit here.
The libpano13-3 dependency looks a bit suspect.
Hugin-2015.0.0 uses libpano13-2.9.19.
Hope that is of some help.

Cheers,
Terry Duell

Stefan Peter

Aug 31, 2015, 5:41:04 AM8/31/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Dear John

Am 31.08.2015 um 05:56 schrieb John Barham:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble upgrading Hugin 2015.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 (codename
> "precise"). The default Hugin version for Ubuntu 12.04 was 2013.0.0 but
> I need some of the newer features so I added the Hugin PPA per the
> instructions

> hugin : Depends: hugin-tools (= 2014.0.0+dfsg-5ubuntu1~precise) but
> it is not going to be installed
> Depends: libpano13-3 but it is not installable

I checked the Hugin PPA repository, and much to my astonishment, the
packet libpano13-6 (which is built from libpano13 V 2.9.19) is missing
for precise. I currently have no access to my build environment, but I
will try to have a look at this issue this evening.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

With kind kind regards

Stefan Peter

Stefan Peter

Aug 31, 2015, 11:09:05 AM8/31/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

Can you try to install hugin again?

With kind regards

Stefan Peter

--
Any technology that does not appear magical is insufficiently advanced.
~ Gregory Benford

John Barham

Sep 1, 2015, 2:51:32 AM9/1/15
to hugin and other free panoramic software, s_p...@swissonline.ch
Hi Stefan,

Good news, I have just successfully installed Hugin on precise from the Hugin PPA repository.

Thanks very much for the fix! (Apologies for the late reply, I am in Australia.)

Cheers, John

Stefan Peter

Sep 1, 2015, 3:05:54 AM9/1/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

Am 01.09.2015 um 01:44 schrieb John Barham:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Good news, I have just successfully installed Hugin on precise from
> the Hugin PPA repository.

Glad I could help.

> Thanks very much for the fix! (Apologies for the late reply, I am in
> Australia.)

No need to apologize, I'm used to delays. Hugin users are all over the
map ...