enblend: error building color transform

Scott Bronson

Dec 18, 2014, 3:01:29 AM12/18/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm trying to use Hugin to stich an electronic schematic together.  When I stitch, I get:

~/schemstitch$ /Applications/Hugin/PTBatcherGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -f10116x6588+222+0 -o scanaa.png -- scanaa0000.tif scanaa0001.tif scanaa0002.tif
enblend: error building color transform from " Generic Gray Profile" to XYZ space

 And nothing gets generated.  The .tif files look fine to me.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I'm using 2014.0.0 on a Mac.

And I'm trying to follow this guide: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/scans/en.shtml

Thanks for any advice!

    - Scott

Carl von Einem

Dec 18, 2014, 5:02:13 AM12/18/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

does it work when you convert your input images from grayscale to rgb
prior to stitching?

Cheers,
Carl

Scott Bronson wrote on 18.12.14 09:01:
> Hi, I'm trying to use Hugin to stich an electronic
> schematic together. When I stitch, I get:
> (...)

cspiel

Dec 18, 2014, 7:05:31 AM12/18/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Scott -

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:01:29 AM UTC+1, Scott Bronson wrote:
enblend: error building color transform from " Generic Gray Profile" to XYZ space

THX for supplying the complete project.  I could immediately track down the problem.
Our color management library, LittleCMS, refuses to build a color transform from the
grayscale profiles in your images to the XYZ space, which implicitely is a _color_
space.  Poor Enblend can't do much more than report the problem and quit.

The quickest work-around for you is to force blending inside the RGB-cube by adding
`--no-ciecam' to your enblend command line.

Cheers,
    Chris

Scott Bronson

Dec 18, 2014, 2:00:19 PM12/18/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that worked perfectly and saves me a lot of converting to/from rgb.  Really glad hugin lets me add enblend options.

Huge thanks Chris!

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

cspiel

Dec 27, 2014, 3:04:47 AM12/27/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Scott -

    It's getting even better.

I could fix the bug in Enblend and Enfuse in
    http://hg.code.sf.net/p/enblend/code/rev/12b596d6fb50
Now, your grayscale images *with* attached profiles should
be accepted by Enblend without further ado, i.e. no extra
flags.  And the profile will actually be respected while
blending/fusing, though this presumably won't do a lot to
the schematics of high-voltage power supplies.

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:00:19 PM UTC+1, Scott Bronson wrote:
Wow, that worked perfectly and saves me a lot of converting to/from rgb.

    Nice, that such an easy workaround did cut it!

If you actually do try the Development Branch where I applied the fix,
please don't worry about the novel "info-class" message that
option `--no-ciecam' will soon be deprecated.  It still works as advertised!
However, Enblend and Enfuse now offer blending in LAB and LUV spaces:
    http://hg.code.sf.net/p/enblend/code/rev/a92ec45d7566
such that we need a more powerful option than the boolean pair
`--ciecam' / `--no-ciecam'; it is called `--blend-colorspace' and needs
the desired color-space as its argument.

Again, this is not really necessary when blending line-art, just FYI.

Cheers,
    Chris