kodak sp360

Valerio De Luca

Aug 28, 2015, 3:32:01 AM8/28/15
Hi guy,
I thought to use a kodak sp360 to make spherical panos and to reduce the number of shots compared to
a not fisheye lens camera.
I know this isn't a best solution for spherical pano like a dslr camera with fisheye len, but I'm searcing an alternative cheap solution and kodak sp360 sounds the best in this case. I wrote to Florian Knorn (author of video
tutorials suggested in learn PTGui page) and for him kodak sp360 it's ok
to spherical panos, maybe shotting 4 or 6 photos around and one up and
one down:
I ask me if is Hugin is ok to make spherical panos and if Hugin supports kodak sp360 (...I prefer open source in sw life so I hope Hugin is fine for my task). Here some samples shots:
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/kodak_pixpro_sp360_review/sample_images/
I'm trying to undernstand which Mode Shot of Kodak sp360 is the best to
get spherical panos. I thinks is Dome Mode.
Do you have any suggests about this? Someone has the kodak sp360 and Hugin is it ok to make spherical panos with kodak sp360?
This is the manual Kodak:
http://kodakpixpro.com/docs/manuals/actioncamera/sp360/sp360-manual-en.pdf

This is specs sheets:
http://kodakpixpro.com/docs/specsheets/actioncamera/sp360/sp360-specsheet-en.pdf

Tks
Cheers
Valerio

Carlos Eduardo G. Carvalho (Cartola)

Aug 28, 2015, 10:24:05 AM8/28/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
In short: it will do the job and Hugin is able to deal with it.

You can also think about a gopro, with which you will need some more shots comparing to the kodak, but if the cost is important, you can find the simpler gopro for 2/3 of the kodak price. I've already done some panoramas with a gopro, like this: http://cartola.org/360/2013/10/21/dia-das-criancas-na-praia-em-360-graus/ with 10 pictures (8horiz, 1zenith, 1nadir), handheld (favorable scene for handheld).

Cheers,

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ