Default output name

Fotografia

Jun 19, 2017, 1:52:25 AM6/19/17
I would like to know it is possible to choose a default output file name without spaces.

e.g. default is IMG_8197 - IMG_8201.tif

I think without spaces imho it would be a better default: IMG_8197-IMG_8201.tif

Thank you in advance.

Gunter Königsmann

Jun 19, 2017, 2:25:23 AM6/19/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On 19.06.2017 07:52, Fotografia wrote:
> I would like to know it is possible to choose a default output file name
> without spaces.

+1 from me: Spaces in file names tend not to be tested in many applications.

Kind regards,

Gunter.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jun 19, 2017, 3:38:26 AM6/19/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's what I do. Go to File->Preferences->Filenames.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger groo...@gmail.com for PGP public key.

Fotografia

Jun 19, 2017, 7:15:12 AM6/19/17
Il giorno lunedì 19 giugno 2017 09:38:26 UTC+2, Groogle ha scritto:
On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 22:52:25 -0700, Fotografia wrote:
> I would like to know it is possible to choose a default output file name
> without spaces.
>
> e.g. default is IMG_8197 - IMG_8201.tif
>
> I think without spaces imho it would be a better default:
> IMG_8197-IMG_8201.tif

Yes, that's what I do.  Go to File->Preferences->Filenames.

Great. Thank you!

Abrimaal

Jun 20, 2017, 8:09:34 PM6/20/17
I will add from myself, what cannot be set up in the filename preferences yet.
To abbreviate long suffixes such as "blended_fused" and projection names (predefined or defined by a user).
It took a long time to guess which one is which. I am still not sure when I see "_fused" - was it composed from a stack or from any arrangement?.
In the editor there are options to make panoramas "from stack" and "from any arrangement", in the saved files there are suffixes "_fused" and "_blended_fused".
The suffixes make filenames undesirably long.

The proposal is to introduce alternative suffixes "_stk" and "_any".

Projection names. Fortunately almost each of the projections begins with a different letter.
I use this scheme (everybody may use a different) "lastfile-pah-6c" what means
pah = panorama created by Hugin, 6 = number of images, c = cylindrical projection (I add it manually).
The most of projections can be one or two characters added automatically, e for equirectangular, m for mercator, p for panini, r for rectilinear, f for fisheye
for other projections the suffix may be two letters, st for stereographic, th for thoby...
or different single letters like u for Miller, l for albers, q for equisolid etc.

Carl von Einem

Jun 23, 2017, 7:58:16 AM6/23/17
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 21.06.17 02:09, Abrimaal wrote:
> I will add from myself, what cannot be set up in the filename
> preferences yet.
> To abbreviate long suffixes such as "blended_fused" and projection names
> (predefined or defined by a user).
> It took a long time to guess which one is which. I am still not sure
> when I see "_fused" - was it composed from a stack or from any
> arrangement?.
> In the editor there are options to make panoramas "from stack" and "from
> any arrangement", in the saved files there are suffixes "_fused" and
> "_blended_fused".

I have added these file name additions like "blended_fused" to the
(German) tooltips right where the user chooses between those output
options.

Maybe it's a good idea to simply add this info also to the English tooltips?

Carl