[FR] Is Hugin able to read .fits files ?

rouzeb...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2015, 3:39:46 AM7/7/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am working with somes .fits files,(I am a student working on super resolution) :  I would know if Hugin can read my files.

Thanks,
Bastien
(sorry for my bad english)

Matthew Petroff

Jul 8, 2015, 12:00:26 AM7/8/15
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hugin cannot read FITS files directly, but converting FITS images to a format the Hugin can read, e.g. TIFF, isn't difficult. ImageMagick [1] is one such utility that can do the conversion. This is based on the assumption that your FITS files are actually images (FITS is a versatile contain format that can also store things such as data tables instead of images).

-Matthew

[1] http://www.imagemagick.org/