A bit behind the times but my change to v2013 :)

stuartmm

Jul 11, 2014, 6:23:19 AM7/11/14
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Just some things i thought about as i changed from v2011 to v2013

As my v2011 had started doing very strange graphic things due to a "update" on some graphic element
on my linux installation ( Mint 13 amd64 ) i thought i would just use that as an excuse to update linux installation
and jump into the new, to me, world of v 2013.

So i moved to Mint 17 and the latest version in the apps of Hugin.( 2013.0.0.4692917e7a55 )

I have been a happy Hugin user for a long time and continue to be.

I generally just use my cell phone to take pictures so there are a lot
of between image changes which i have learned tricks to work around. ( http://ahaufstop.blogspot.com/

Here are some of my thoughts on the move.

1) different work flow is interesting after old way for so long
    The logic for when the optimiser tab appears and when you need to do it under photos is not
    quite fixed in my head yet.
   I used to quite happily reset all the images values to , as i thought, get a clean start
   on an optimisation and that is a bit trickier but still doable.

2) guessing that the image FOVs are not linked by default rather than there being
    an explicit button as before.

3)  how do you get rid of the panosphere on the preview window. even neing able to reduce width would be great.

4) had problem where PTBatchGui would not start. finally noticed that the lock file was
    still in /tmp  . Of course i had done rebooted and reinstalled before i checked for the
    simple thing.  I had started to use the command line PTBatcher before figuring the fix.

5)  Can you send to the Batch queue directly from the main interface or do you need to hoover
   them up from the PTBatchergui interface
   My workflow was always to set up a lot of jobs in different directories , pass them  from the main interface to
   batch then set that off when i was leaving to be away from machine.

6) Masks/Crops  i think i like the single interface and would like it even more if the
   list put the active element from either list in view when switching between mask/crop.

    ie if i am cropping image 12 and change to mask i would like the image 12 item to be visible
    just to ensure it is that image i am editing. It can be scrolled out of view.
    I know it should be the one selected but there is no simple visual indication that this feedback would provide.

All in all hugin still works great and i need to understand the new interface a bit better.

Thanks All,
Stuart