Keypad characters

Pascal Scalpa

Apr 11, 2021, 9:42:40 AM4/11/21
to hotpotatoesusers
How to make possible the use of specials characteres in the set of the keypad ?
I need mathematical signs: >, <, = for example which don't appear in the html page.
thanks

Pascal Scalpa

Apr 11, 2021, 10:18:05 AM4/11/21
to hotpotatoesusers
I did it directly in the html output by adding :

Any way to do it directly in HP options?

Pascal Scalpa

Apr 11, 2021, 10:32:59 AM4/11/21
to hotpotatoesusers
How to modify the comportement of the keypad which fill the gap in order of apparition? see there : Les fractions (scalpa.info)
How, where and what do i have to change to fill the gap which has the focus and not the first empty one?

thank you

Martin Holmes

Apr 11, 2021, 12:44:38 PM4/11/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
These are not "special characters" in the sense that they appear on most
keyboards, including the AZERTY French keyboard, don't they? Why would
you want to include them on buttons?

If you're actually using characters which are different from the
standard ><= characters, then they should appear on the keyboard, but
I'm pretty sure the only Unicode option for the less-than sign is the
normal angle bracket that appears on all our keyboards.

Cheers,
Martin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/c51f2ed9-6774-4850-92c9-07eaa44e3395n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/c51f2ed9-6774-4850-92c9-07eaa44e3395n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Pascal Scalpa

Apr 11, 2021, 4:00:41 PM4/11/21
to hotpotatoesusers
It's just a way to make the exercises more ergonomic. as you can see here : Les fractions (scalpa.info)
cdt
pasal

Agnès S.

Apr 12, 2021, 3:09:39 AM4/12/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pascal,

I built an exercise with your >, < and = characters in the keypad. No
problem, it works as it is supposed to : fill the gap with the focus.
I don't know why it doesn't work properly in your exercise.
Did you solve the problem?

Agnès S.

Le 11/04/2021 à 16:32, Pascal Scalpa a écrit :
> How to modify the comportement of the keypad which fill the gap in order
> of apparition? see there : Les fractions (scalpa.info)
> <https://scalpa.info/maths/numeration/les_fractions/fraction1_jcloze.php>
> How, where and what do i have to change to fill the gap which has the
> focus and not the first empty one?
>
> thank you
> Le dimanche 11 avril 2021 à 16:18:05 UTC+2, Pascal Scalpa a écrit :
>
> I did it directly in the html output by adding :
> <button onclick="TypeChars('\u003C'); return
> false;">&#x003C;</button> <button onclick="TypeChars('\u003D');
> return false;">&#x003D;</button> <button
> onclick="TypeChars('\u003E'); return false;">&#x003E;</button>
>
> Any way to do it directly in HP options?
> Le dimanche 11 avril 2021 à 15:42:40 UTC+2, Pascal Scalpa a écrit :
>
> How to make possible the use of specials characteres in the set
> of the keypad ?
> I need mathematical signs: >, <, = for example which don't
> appear in the html page.
> thanks

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/ee5492a8-9bc9-4e7b-9243-b5f070132d63n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/ee5492a8-9bc9-4e7b-9243-b5f070132d63n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Agnès S.

Apr 12, 2021, 3:12:26 AM4/12/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think it can be handy when using a tablet.

Cheers,
Agnès S.

Le 11/04/2021 à 22:00, Pascal Scalpa a écrit :
> It's just a way to make the exercises more ergonomic. as you can see
> here : Les fractions (scalpa.info)
> <https://scalpa.info/maths/numeration/les_fractions/fraction1_jcloze.php>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/4ffd0e58-9b45-4283-b263-7388de9b88cdn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/4ffd0e58-9b45-4283-b263-7388de9b88cdn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Pascal Scalpa

Apr 12, 2021, 5:21:12 AM4/12/21
to hotpotatoesusers
hello Agnès

"I think it can be handy when using a tablet."
Yes I think so, it was the goal.
"I built an exercise with your >, < and = characters in the keypad."
From the HP options or by adding tag in the html later?
"Did you solve the problem?"
No, really.
Perhaps it's because I built exercises with HP7 and online the core of jcloze.js come from the HP6 version....

Martin Holmes

Apr 12, 2021, 10:24:23 AM4/12/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Ah, good point. Maybe they don't appear on mobile keyboards.

Cheers,
Martin

Agnès S.

Apr 12, 2021, 1:30:27 PM4/12/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> From the HP options or by adding tag in the html later?

Directly in the html output. >, < and = are not taken in account in HP
options. I suppose HP only accepts character with code > \u0041 (A).

> Perhaps it's because I built exercises with HP7 and online the core of
> jcloze.js come from the HP6 version....

Oh, that's certainly the reason!

Cheers,
Agnès S.

Le 12/04/2021 à 11:21, Pascal Scalpa a écrit :
> hello Agnès
> "I think it can be handy when using a tablet."
> Yes I think so, it was the goal.
> "I built an exercise with your >, < and = characters in the keypad."
> From the HP options or by adding tag in the html later?
> "Did you solve the problem?"
> No, really.
> Perhaps it's because I built exercises with HP7 and online the core of
> jcloze.js come from the HP6 version....
>
> Le lundi 12 avril 2021 à 09:12:26 UTC+2, agnes...@gmail.com a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I think it can be handy when using a tablet.
>
> Cheers,
> Agnès S.
>
> Le 11/04/2021 à 22:00, Pascal Scalpa a écrit :
> > It's just a way to make the exercises more ergonomic. as you can see
> > here : Les fractions (scalpa.info <http://scalpa.info>)
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/a6731f75-9dc0-4362-ac3d-72d7096a7578n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/a6731f75-9dc0-4362-ac3d-72d7096a7578n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Martin Holmes

Apr 12, 2021, 2:33:07 PM4/12/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
I think there's a bug in the keypad code in JQuiz; even if I add <>
explicitly in the config screen, those characters don't show up. I
should fix that.

Cheers,
Martin

Pascal Scalpa