Changing font size in htm output.

henny jellema

Feb 15, 2021, 8:29:45 AM2/15/21
to hotpotatoesusers
Dag Martin,
I think, there was a time that we couldn't change the font size in HP  (in the application we could, but that had no effect on the html output)  . But in the HP6 we could make the font in the HTML output larger, extra large even.
It seems not possible in HP7. What a pity, I think.
Hgv, Henny

stefpen gmail

Feb 15, 2021, 10:06:47 AM2/15/21
to hotpotatoesusers
It's possible and I do it every time.
Option 1:
Example with JMatch. Go to Options->Configure output->Appearance->Output font size. Options are:
xx-small

x-small

small

medium

large

x-large

xx-large

Option 2:
Go to Options->Configure output->Custom->Code for insertion into <head> tag
Type in, e.g. with <p>
p{
font-size:large;
}

Option 3:
Open the htm file in Windows Notepad or Notepad++
Find (Ctrl-F) root. --strFontSize: is the second line after :root. Change it to medium; (or any other size from above)
Additionally you can add font-size: 1.2em; (or 1.3em;) in any section between the curly braces { }
For example
body Find body{ and add the following line before the closing curly brace:
font-size: 1.2em;/ large; / x-large; etc.

Best
Steve

stefpen gmail

Feb 15, 2021, 10:08:48 AM2/15/21
to hotpotatoesusers
Sorry for the unsolicited reply. I saw it was addressed for Martin, but after posting.
Steve

Martin Holmes

Feb 15, 2021, 11:59:01 AM2/15/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
You've always been able to change the font size in the exercise, by
going to Options / Configure Output / Appearance, and setting "Output
font size". If this isn't working for you, please tell me what HotPot
application you're using and provide example data and output files so we
can examine the problem.

Cheers,
Martin
> www.hennyjellema.nl <http://www.hennyjellema.nl>

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/CAN8zJe6oZXR4HM9t0%2Bf1AdXp3hv08AxqRMHTLkq00oZDRaVQzQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/CAN8zJe6oZXR4HM9t0%2Bf1AdXp3hv08AxqRMHTLkq00oZDRaVQzQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Martin Holmes

Feb 15, 2021, 12:02:38 PM2/15/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Please feel free to answer any questions, whoever they're addressed to!

You're absolutely right, but the options are not limited to what you've
listed; you can provide any acceptable CSS value, such as 24pt, 18px,
1.5rem, etc.

Cheers,
Martin

On 2021-02-15 7:08 a.m., stefpen gmail wrote:
> Sorry for the unsolicited reply. I saw it was addressed for Martin, but
> after posting.
> Steve
>
> On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 11:06:47 PM UTC+8 stefpen gmail wrote:
>
> It's possible and I do it every time.
> *Option 1:*
> Example with JMatch. Go to Options->Configure
> output->Appearance->Output font size. Options are:
> xx-small
> x-small
> small
> medium
> large
> x-large
> xx-large
>
> *Option 2:*
> Go to Options->Configure output->Custom->Code for insertion into
> <head> tag
> Type in, e.g. with <p>
> p{
> font-size:large;
> }
>
> *Option 3:*
> Open the htm file in Windows Notepad or Notepad++
> Find (Ctrl-F) root. *--strFontSize:* is the second line after :root.
> Change it to medium; (or any other size from above)
> Additionally you can add font-size: 1.2em; (or 1.3em;) in any
> section between the curly braces { }
> For example
> *body *Find body{ and add the following line before the closing
> curly brace:
> font-size: 1.2em;/ large; / x-large; etc.
>
> Best
> Steve
> On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 9:29:45 PM UTC+8 hen.j...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> Dag Martin,
> I think, there was a time that we couldn't change the font size
> in HP  (in the application we could, but that had no effect on
> the html output)  . But in the HP6 we could make the font in the
> HTML output larger, extra large even.
> It seems not possible in HP7. What a pity, I think.
> Hgv, Henny
> --
> www.hennyjellema.nl <http://www.hennyjellema.nl>

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/b33e9af2-eaae-436e-aac4-d6dabd3daadbn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/b33e9af2-eaae-436e-aac4-d6dabd3daadbn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

henny jellema

Feb 16, 2021, 4:42:58 AM2/16/21
to Martin Holmes, hotpotatoesusers
I did it with quiz....  But maybe I made this mistake. I wrote large-xx and nothing happened. Now I tried xx-large ....
In Dutch we have a song "Het zijn de kleine dingen die het doen, die het doen..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3GWvDw3uWs  :-)
Henny
It means, it's the small things that matter and make the difference...

Op ma 15 feb. 2021 om 17:59 schreef Martin Holmes <mho...@halfbakedsoftware.com>:
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/5460ed5d-e441-5342-fbb6-0442d3bd46bb%40halfbakedsoftware.com.