A problem with JQuiz, Multi-select

stefpen gmail

Feb 22, 2021, 2:08:23 AM2/22/21
to hotpotatoesusers
Muli-select option of JQuiz does not perform the tasks set in the Configuration panel:

1. Does not show the number of correct questions and the score after each correct answer.
2. Does not show the Feedback.
The other settings are:
The default interface is loaded.
The original source file is used (reset to default)

Please see the attached pictures.
My idea is if Question B is not checked the feedback to show the text.
d.png
c.png
a.JPG
bJPG.JPG

Agnès S.

Feb 22, 2021, 5:04:56 AM2/22/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

"show the number of correct questions and the score after each correct
answer" : it concerns the questions (Q1, Q2 etc.), not the different
propositions.
Suppose that for Q1, a and b should be selected and c shouldn't be selected.
If you have selected a and b (and only them), the answer to this
question is correct and you'll see "3/3 Questions completed so far :
1/...).
If only a is selected it's an incorrect answer and you'll see "2/3" and
no information about the completed answers.

It's difficult to manage the feedbacks when you use Multi-select option .
If you select c (which shouldn't be selected) you'll get the feedback of c.
But if you only select a you'll see the feedback of b (which should
have been selected).
And if you're answer is correct (a and b selected, c unselected) there
will be no feedback.

Cheers,
Agnès S.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/5d131cd3-555f-45ee-9c5d-4ac6890d474en%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hotpotatoesusers/5d131cd3-555f-45ee-9c5d-4ac6890d474en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

stefpen gmail

Feb 22, 2021, 7:30:08 AM2/22/21
to hotpotatoesusers
Thank you, Agnes,

How stupid of me! It didn't come to my mind that I have one question with 14 propositions! The purpose is to avoid the navigation to the next question, which will be boring if I have more than 10 foods (in my case).
Actually the program works fine in Multiple choice mode.

Thank you a lot.

Best regards
Steve
P.S. Your suggestions for enlarging the picture are  fabulous!

Martin Holmes

Feb 22, 2021, 10:32:18 AM2/22/21
to hotpotat...@googlegroups.com

stefpen gmail

Feb 22, 2021, 12:08:25 PM2/22/21
to hotpotatoesusers
Thank you, Martin for your message. I understand that it is difficult to develop feedback for each proposition in one question. I have to use it, anyway, because it's natural and intuitive.
By the way, I suspect the msquestion tutorial has been done by Quandary.

Kind regards,
Steve

Martin Holmes

Feb 22, 2021, 12:09:54 PM2/22/21