Technological Changes in the Language Translation Industry: Implications For US Patent Attorneys

Warren Smith

Jul 5, 2022, 5:00:13 AM7/5/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Technological Changes in the Language Translation Industry: Implications For US Patent Attorneys

I anticipate that there will some people who will agree with some of the points I make, and some who will not.

https://law.unh.edu/sites/default/files/media/2022/06/smith_bernard_pp43-75-sm.pdf

Comments and discussion welcome.

Warren Smith

Warren Smith

Jul 5, 2022, 10:27:39 PM7/5/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Dang it -- I wish I was a better copy editor!

With the paper linked below, I had read it dozens of times as I worked on it. My co-author did too. The journal editors went through it several times and made many refinements. The entire editorial committee read it....

And yet, as soon as it is published, I see an egregious error in my English in the very first paragraph!

Sigh.

Michael Fletcher

Jul 7, 2022, 11:52:51 AM7/7/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com
As they say, important letters will develop spelling errors while being sent through the mail.