GitHub action

Nikita Galaiko

Dec 21, 2022, 5:13:02 AM12/21/22
to hle...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've made a GitHub action to setup hledger.

Check it out if you use actions. I found it very useful to run sheduled jobs like for example fetching prices daily.

link: https://github.com/marketplace/actions/setup-hledger

// Nikita

Simon Michael

Dec 21, 2022, 2:14:01 PM12/21/22
to hledger
Nifty!

It would interesting to hear more about your GH jobs. I think you are generating some charts ?

Nikita Galaiko

Dec 21, 2022, 2:40:12 PM12/21/22
to hle...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, I've been attempting to setup charts for myself to look at, but I don't do that anymore. Turns out I don't look at them at all, and it's just fun to setup.

First attempt I've made was a fully custom sveltekit app that would generate static pages using ApexCharts library. There is a skeleton-ish example that I've shared with some people here: https://github.com/ngalaiko/ledger.anon/tree/master/charts.

Second attempt is something I am more proud of.
* I've been using a free grafana cloud installation to display graphs
* For the data source, I've used a custom Prometheus instance that was basically a docker-image with all the data baked in on the build step. I was hosting it for fee on fly.io <http://fly.io/>.
* I've assembled an example repository here: https://github.com/ngalaiko/hledger-charts

// Nikita