announcing launch of hledger fan website

niels...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2021, 5:54:59 PM7/10/21
to hledger
I am pleased to announce the launch of hledgerfan.com

Right now it's just one page, but I plan to expand the content in the future. There are lots of good things to write about hledger, so I don't think that I will be running out of content.

Feedback welcomed!

Rob (hledger fan)

niels...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2021, 5:16:38 PM7/13/21
to hledger
Just published: The Hotdog Eating Contest on the hledger fan website

Enjoy!

Rob (hledger fan)

Simon Michael

Jul 13, 2021, 8:33:33 PM7/13/21
to hledger
Cool and funny dream! Great to see the blogging!

I'm interested to see how the org blogging setup evolves. Hopefully there'll be a rss/atom feed later.

niels...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2021, 5:22:41 PM7/16/21
to hledger
Yes, I will work on getting a feed set up. For now, it will be the poor person's RSS (Rob Says Something in the forum when there is new material).

Rob

niels...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2021, 2:23:59 PM7/25/21
to hledger
I have a first working version of an RSS feedfor the hledger fan website. There is a link to the RSS feed on hledgerfan.com

I would be grateful if a couple of people could try and and report back if it is working for them. Creating and RSS feed was completely new for me. While the RSS feed worked for me, it would be more confident if I see it working for others, too.

Thank you!

Rob (hledger fan)

Simon Michael

Jul 25, 2021, 7:17:19 PM7/25/21
to hle...@googlegroups.com
Great!

You'll see some small issues when you test in a local or cloud-based feed reader. Eg testing in https://bazqux.com,

- feed title shows up parenthesised: "(hledger fan)"
- when viewing a post, something (author ?) shows as "nil"
- when jumping from feed viewer to original url (v key), the url has a # fragment (https://hledgerfan.com/index.html#org82603aa) but page does not scroll to that post, (maybe named anchors are missing from page ?)
- you include each post's full text in the feed - excellent

And another great step is to add metadata to your site (in the html head of all pages) which means feed readers can autodetect the feed given just the site url.

Hope it helps
-Simon

On Jul 25, 2021, at 08:24, niels...@gmail.com <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a first working version of an RSS feedfor the hledger fan website. There is a link to the RSS feed on hledgerfan.com

Simon Michael

Jul 25, 2021, 7:19:42 PM7/25/21
to hle...@googlegroups.com
PS: subscribed!

niels...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 7:19:16 AM7/26/21
to hledger
Very useful (i.e., actionable) feedback. Much appreciated!

Rob

Damien Cassou

Jul 26, 2021, 11:47:53 AM7/26/21
to Simon Michael, hle...@googlegroups.com
Simon Michael <si...@joyful.com> writes:
> You'll see some small issues when you test in a local or cloud-based
> feed reader […]

I confirm the issues.

Thank you very much for the feed!

--
Damien Cassou

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

niels...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2021, 1:51:10 PM8/15/21
to hledger
The hledger fan website has a new entry on command line basics! If you know anyone who wants to learn the basics of command lines to work with hledger, you can point them here.

Rob (hledger fan)