classic balance display

Ambrose Laing

Oct 22, 2022, 4:47:38 PM10/22/22
to hledger
Hello,

I upgraded an old version of hledger (and  I currently have 1.19.1 and 1.27.1 running on Linux), and recently I find that hledger (both of the newer versions) do not produce an indented list of balances.  Previously if I had two accounts Aaa:Bbb and Aaa:Ccc with $20 and $30 respectively, it would have displayed something like this:

50    Aaa
20           Bbb
30           Ccc

However now it just does this:

20    Aaa:Bbb
30    Aaa:Ccc

How can I get the old style of balance display?  Is there a command line option I can pass to make it use the indented format?

Thanks,

Ambrose

Ambrose Laing

Oct 22, 2022, 4:56:59 PM10/22/22
to hledger
I found the answer in the manual, namely use --tree option.
Thanks,
Ambrose

Simon Michael

Oct 22, 2022, 10:03:34 PM10/22/22