ANN: regression bounty extended, increased

Simon Michael

Jul 8, 2021, 8:08:58 PM7/8/21
to hledger

https://github.com/simonmichael/hledger/issues/1570#issuecomment-876817348 :

Update on the regression bounty:

  • I am claiming the first one myself, for web: register: chart can break, showing nothing (since 1.22) #1597 !
  • The bounty is now recurring: you can claim it again for new regressions.
  • From this point forward, the amount per regression will be $100 (increased from $50). I'll adjust if it starts getting too expensive.
  • To claim the bounty: open an issue, get it confirmed as a regression by me ("an unplanned not-good change", "I know it when I see it", and the past examples.), submit an expense at https://opencollective.com/hledger using a screenshot of the issue as the "receipt", wait for me to approve it, wait for opencollective's payout (twice a week).

Simon Michael

Jul 8, 2021, 8:28:15 PM7/8/21
to hledger
PS this regression bounty is the first thing to be funded from the hledger Open Collective fund, which has been growing for 5 years:

Contributions have been picking up steam, and I'm very pleased to report that as of today we have raised $3,349.68.

Since I don't yet  have a better place (other than icons on our home page), let me say a heartfelt thank you to all of you individual backers (see the link) and business sponsors (October Swimmer, Writers Per Hour, FinMasters, APM Help, HLO_APC, Triplebyte, and RemoteRole). Thanks for your support of the project. I look forward to finding other constructive ways to deploy these funds. (Ideas welcome.)

Open Collective is an awesome organisation by the way; you can hear a recent interview with CEO Pia Mancini on the Changelog podcast.

Shouldn't we have a hledger-accessible copy of this activity ? Yes of course. I will try to revive my past experiments soon. I think the plan was to create a third git repo for it: hledger_finance.

Simon Michael

Jul 8, 2021, 8:55:24 PM7/8/21
to hledger

shows the fees we have been paying to our Fiscal Host, the Open Source collective: https://opencollective.com/opensource.

10% per contribution. Ouch!

Open Collective itself has generously waived all fees for some time, and I was kind of assuming fees were minimal.

"The Host Fee is what a Fiscal Host charges a Collective for its services, such as holding funds, making expense payouts, meeting tax obligations, and access to the Open Collective software platform."

Simon Michael

Jul 8, 2021, 8:59:07 PM7/8/21
to hledger
Well, I have often wanted to set up some "tithing" to other FOSS projects that we depend on. I guess we have already beendoing that (in broad untargetted way).