A Hexayurt "Cloak" - 60" roll fabric, no-sew no-cut clothing solution

Vinay Gupta (Hexayurt Shelter Project)

Jan 25, 2023, 2:49:33 PM1/25/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com

I've been chipping away at the clothing problem for years, and I think we've finally cracked it.

Considering coming to Burning Man this year and doing a gifting of these out by the sound camps where people are freezing their butts off at 3AM. But I wonder, would that just turn into an Epic Moop Problem?

What if we used a darker fabric and then a bleach-based tie dye - super cheap and fast to do in large quantities. Three days in Reno camped out by a laundromat...

Anyway, these are my thoughts, I have others!

What do you think?

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 19.46.11.png

--
Vinay Gupta  hexa...@gmail.com  http://myhopeforthe.world
Free Science and Engineering in the Global Public Interest

phoenix rainbowpuddle.com

Jan 25, 2023, 8:16:01 PM1/25/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, dunno. They look unappealing

On Jan 25, 2023, at 11:49 AM, Vinay Gupta (Hexayurt Shelter Project) <hexa...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been chipping away at the clothing problem for years, and I think we've finally cracked it.

Considering coming to Burning Man this year and doing a gifting of these out by the sound camps where people are freezing their butts off at 3AM. But I wonder, would that just turn into an Epic Moop Problem?

What if we used a darker fabric and then a bleach-based tie dye - super cheap and fast to do in large quantities. Three days in Reno camped out by a laundromat...

Anyway, these are my thoughts, I have others!

What do you think?

<Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 19.46.11.png>

--
Vinay Gupta  hexa...@gmail.com  http://myhopeforthe.world
Free Science and Engineering in the Global Public Interest
UK Cell : +44 (0)7500 895568 Twitter/Skype/Gtalk: hexayurt
"In the midst of winter,  I finally learned that there was
        in me an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

DVR

Jan 25, 2023, 10:25:31 PM1/25/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com
Joseph Beuys would approve..

phoenix rainbowpuddle.com

Jan 26, 2023, 11:16:22 AM1/26/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com

D.V.Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 12:21:06 PM1/26/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com
joseph_beuys_i_like_america_b_kidsofdada_article_grande.jpg

Vinay Gupta (Hexayurt Shelter Project)

Jan 26, 2023, 1:29:15 PM1/26/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com

oh that's just *me* that looks unappealing!

Try it yourself, you'll see it looks pretty good!

--
Vinay Gupta  hexa...@gmail.com  http://myhopeforthe.world
Free Science and Engineering in the Global Public Interest
UK Cell : +44 (0)7500 895568 Twitter/Skype/Gtalk: hexayurt
"In the midst of winter,  I finally learned that there was
        in me an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Percival du Chat Gris

Jan 27, 2023, 10:38:02 AM1/27/23
to hexa...@googlegroups.com
He was very much an artist, and even formed a political group (Student Party, IIRC) in Germany.

Joseph Heinrich Beuys was a German artist, teacher, performance artist, and art theorist whose work reflected concepts of humanism, sociology, and anthroposophy. He was a founder of a provocative art movement known as Fluxus and was a key figure in the development of Happenings.