New VRP Problem Instances

salma amali

Oct 25, 2020, 6:09:45 PM10/25/20
to HeuristicLab
hello;
I created a new problem instance variant based on the ( creat new problem instance) tutorial but I derived my problem from the MDCVRPTW variant. but when I run it it gives me the following exceptions
any clue to what might be wrong??
c1.PNGc2.PNG

HeuristicLab

Oct 26, 2020, 1:20:39 AM10/26/20
to HeuristicLab
Well, the exception says that in a certain line of TransportPersonnelVRPEvaluator (the line number is cut of in the exception dialog, you'll have to scroll right), you're indexing into an array, but the array is not long enough.
For instance let's say you have a variable x that is a DoubleArray of length 10 and you do x[10] to get the value at index "10" you get an "IndexOutOfRangeException". Valid indices that you can use are in the range [0;9] for an array of length 10.
Also negative indices are not allowed.

I suggest you put a breakpoint there and attach VS debugger to the HL process. Then you can examine the variable states live and see what the problem is.

salma amali

Oct 26, 2020, 10:01:37 AM10/26/20
to HeuristicLab

Andreas Beham

Oct 27, 2020, 4:40:47 AM10/27/20
to HeuristicLab
I looked at this 12 minute youtube video from CodeCowboyOrg that explains debugging with visual studio when attaching to a process, like you would do when debugging a plugin. I think this should tell you all you need to know:
If you build the plugin with visual studio into the common bin folder then the .pdb files should already be there and loaded when you attach the debugger. But the video also tells you what to do in case those things do not work.
Message has been deleted

salma amali

Nov 4, 2020, 5:03:59 PM11/4/20
to HeuristicLab
Hello  Andreas  ;
thank you very much for your answer
I think  i have this the exception
err1.PNG
  because of this part  of the class "transport personnelproblem instance".
   exception.jpg

Any clue to what might be going wrong ?

Gabriel Kronberger

Nov 5, 2020, 2:08:05 AM11/5/20
to noreply-spamdigest via HeuristicLab
Hello, this has nothing to do with HL.
You have not implemented your method AttachEventHandlers. Or you have not compiled your code.
HL is a complex class framework. Good knowledge of C# and .Net is required to use it for implementing custom problems or algorithms.
Best Gabriel

Attachments:
  • exception.jpg
  • err1.PNG