Why does not trigger EntryUpdatedListener if we put enty to map with putTransient method

Mustafa Yildirim

Mar 14, 2017, 11:01:15 AM3/14/17
to Hazelcast
Hi, we use 3.7.3 version of Hazelcast.
I have a mapStore to be able to persist map to db. But, i just want to store only in special conditions. I mean that i m going to persist in case od some fields are modified. I could not find any modifier in API but putTransient method for that. That's why, i tried to put my all entries with putTransient, then handle them in EntryListener. I expect to decide to persist in Listener. If decided to required to persist, i would put it with setAsync to provide persist object via mapStore's store method. But, updated event does not trigger if putTransient used. (Added event is triggered, i call putTransient twice though. )
What is the reason of implemented so ? Is there any way to solve my issue ?
Regards,
Mustafa

Ahmet Mircik

Mar 14, 2017, 11:38:33 AM3/14/17
to Hazelcast
Hi Mustafa,

Apparently it is a bug. I created an issue for that: https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast/issues/10077
Thanks for reporting it.

This e-mail message is intended exclusively for the addressee or addressees and may contain personal and/or confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message from your system immediately. We also request that you neither use the contents nor disclose them in any manner to third parties, because the message may contain information which is protected by professional secrecy.