Plugin support

Perry Wagle

Oct 15, 2017, 7:52:32 AM10/15/17
to haskell-stack
Gitit is a wiki written in GHC/Haskell.  It supports plugins.  To do this is provides a library of modules that the plugins then import.

But, the "exposed-modules" are hidden away in a obscure directory, where they can't be found.

What's the correct solution?

Thanks!

-- Perry

Michael Snoyman

Oct 17, 2017, 4:53:16 AM10/17/17
to Perry Wagle, haskell-stack
I can't speak for others, but from this email I don't understand what the question is. I'm personally not familiar with the plugin mechanism provided by Gitit. Perhaps you can provide a little more detail?

Perry Wagle

Oct 19, 2017, 8:28:27 PM10/19/17
to Michael Snoyman, haskell-stack
I don’t understand its plugin mechanism either (yet),  but it seems to involve the GHC API for loading Haskell (compiled on the fly) modules at run-time, and running them.

The problem is that the linker isn’t told where the heck you squirreled away gait’s modules, so can’t link to them.

I don’t understand either gitit’s source code or stack’s philosophy/intent, so have no idea what the correct solution is.

— Perry

Michael Snoyman

Oct 22, 2017, 7:37:01 AM10/22/17
to Perry Wagle, haskell-stack
If the question is "where is Stack placing compiled libraries," you can get that information by looking at the `stack path` output. In particular, the `stack path --snapshot-install-root` command may help.