Logo

Leander Kurscheidt

Sep 21, 2016, 9:30:15 AM9/21/16
to haskell-stack
Hey,
i am currently working on haskforce and wondered whether there is a logo we can use to represent stack.
This would be used in toolbars etc, where we currently just use the haskell lambda.
Leander

Leander Kurscheidt

Sep 28, 2016, 9:57:53 AM9/28/16
to haskell-stack
I am currently working on a patch where the problem arises that we need to communicate that the cabal-package is managed by stack and a different icons are the only real solution.

Michael Snoyman

Sep 28, 2016, 11:12:41 AM9/28/16
to Leander Kurscheidt, haskell-stack
I'm not aware of any official _or_ unofficial logo for Stack yet. Is anyone out there interested in creating one?

Yann Esposito

Sep 30, 2016, 3:47:29 AM9/30/16
to haskell-stack, mic...@snoyman.com
Here is my attempt.

any PR / remark is welcome of course!

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 3:30:15 PM UTC+2, Leander Kurscheidt wrote:
Hey,
i am currently working on haskforce and wondered whether there is a logo we can use to represent stack.
This would be used in toolbars etc, where we currently just use the haskell lambda.
Leander

Yann Esposito

Oct 11, 2016, 5:02:54 AM10/11/16
to haskell-stack
Just a reply to tell I made I cleaner version.

Alex Px

Oct 11, 2016, 5:34:07 AM10/11/16
to Yann Esposito, haskell-stack
Why not just keep the idea of stack?

stack.png

Michael Sloan

Oct 11, 2016, 6:45:45 PM10/11/16
to Yann Esposito, haskell-stack
Thanks for working on this Yann!  I think we need a logo more than we need a logotype.  I'd prefer just to have a logo next to the words "Stack" in a nice font.  If we select out the chevron "A", it rather looks like a stacked chevron, which to me is a direct reference to military insignias / heraldry.  This could be mis-interpreted by some as meaning a "join the ranks of stack users, enlist in the stack militia!"

About a week ago I spent half an hour with inkscape and drafted up a couple ideas.  I really like the idea of having a stack of lambdas for a logo.

logo1.png
logo-2.png

Anupam Jain

Oct 11, 2016, 7:23:45 PM10/11/16
to Michael Sloan, Yann Esposito, haskell-stack
Here's my quick take on a speedy stack of haskell :)

Now that I'm looking at it, with some clever manipulation, the Haskell
logo could almost spell "STK" (the lambda is the T). I wish someone
would do something in that direction.

-- Anupam
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/haskell-stack/CAEYHaY4iRwYHBdFvPqCJg7RbtJFk%2BjTkxwj0FXcSaSJUz36oMA%40mail.gmail.com.
stack_logo.png