Custom snapshot without resolver

Jan von Löwenstein

Dec 15, 2017, 2:56:18 AM12/15/17
to haskell-stack
Hi,

would it be possible to support custom snapshots that start kind of empty, i.e. without resolver?

I want to provide GHC via --system-ghc anyway and would have to align installed GHC version with the ghc-<version> resolver.

Best
Jan

Michael Snoyman

Dec 15, 2017, 4:12:22 AM12/15/17
to Jan von Löwenstein, haskell-stack

You can use a resolver value of ghc-8.2.2 or similar for that case.

Jan von Löwenstein

Dec 15, 2017, 4:51:02 AM12/15/17
to Michael Snoyman, haskell-stack

Will do for now, but that means I have to align the system ghc version with the resolver version in the snapshot. Would be nice to have ghc version only in one place.