Ghcjs src archive for lts-8.0 - useful to anyone? Should I host myself and edit the docs?

match...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2017, 2:00:36 AM3/21/17
to haskell-stack
Hi all,

I've been working on getting ghcjs working with stackage lts-8.0 see https://github.com/matchwood/ghcjs/tree/lts-8.0 . I've managed to put together a source tar.gz that seems to be working. ghcjs is failing a few tests - see here https://github.com/ghcjs/ghcjs/issues/571 but so was the ghcjs compiled from the latest working ghcjs dist listed on https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/ghcjs/#ghcjs (the one for 7.19).

I was unable to use Macin's prepare-ghcjs script to do this job, because it required patching base and a few other bits and pieces. We definitely need a stable and robust solution to this in the longer term, but for now at least I am planning on putting together .tar.gz releases for at least lts-8.0 and lts-8.5.

In any case, I was wondering what I should do with the release - perhaps for consistency Marcin could host it as well? I'd like to make it available, if only to save someone else a bunch of cpu time running ghcjs-boot a dozen times...

I'm also inclined to add a few more notes to the ghcjs section of the stack docs - just a few bits and pieces that would have saved me some time when I started out - would a pr with that sort of thing be appreciated?

Cheers,
Matchwood

match...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 1:57:23 PM4/13/17