errors in installing ghcjs via stack template

Michael Mossey

Apr 8, 2018, 4:23:06 PM4/8/18
to haskell-stack
I'm trying to use stack to install and run GCHJS. Can someone help me figure out this error?

I first created project 'proj01' using the ghcjs template via

    stack new proj01 ghcjs

Then I typed

    stack build

It ran for a while, then gave an error messages that starts

    "While building custom Setup.hs for package semigroupoids-5.0.0.4 using .... <very long description>, Process exited with code ExitFailure 1"

But it didn't halt. Instead it started compiling Main.hs, and ended up saying

"at least the following dependencies are missing: tagged >= 0.8.5 && <1 && ==0.8.1"

I tried adding "tagged" to the extra-deps in the stack.yaml, but it didn't help.