Roger Baker: I’m testifying in Congress tomorrow at 3:00 with HVAC (House Veterans Affairs)

don6...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2023, 1:07:45 PM3/6/23
to Hardhats
Posted 4 hr ago on FaceBook:

I’m testifying in Congress tomorrow at 3:00 with HVAC (House Veterans Affairs). Topic is VistA and the $50 B VA is spending to try to replace it. Should be fun. If you’ve been following this topic, what I have to say won’t surprise you much.
No video link available yet. I’ll post my testimony here afterwards.

Wolfgang Giere

Mar 6, 2023, 3:14:25 PM3/6/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com

Good luck! Ich drücke die Daumen!

Wolfgang Giere

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: [Hardhats] Roger Baker: I’m testifying in Congress tomorrow at 3:00 with HVAC (House Veterans Affairs)

Datum: 2023-03-06T19:07:59+0100

Von: "don6...@gmail.com" <don6...@gmail.com>

An: "Hardhats" <hard...@googlegroups.com>

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats

Margaret Heinikel

Mar 7, 2023, 12:48:26 PM3/7/23
to Hardhats
Great!  Give them hell!  Why spend billions to replace something that works!

Matt King

Mar 7, 2023, 1:51:04 PM3/7/23
to Hardhats
I used to fly airplanes for a living. Great customer service and plush seats got great reviews, but none of that matters if you don't make it safely to your destination.

Nancy Anthracite

Mar 7, 2023, 5:53:35 PM3/7/23
to Hardhats, Matt King

The link to the recording of the meeting is the same as the live meeting link.  I was blown away to FINALLY have speakers standing up for VistA.  If you did not watch the meeting, you should do it now.  It starts 8:38 into the recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfZlSNsLPhA

--

Nancy Anthracite

Steven L

Mar 8, 2023, 3:43:52 AM3/8/23
to hard...@googlegroups.com, Matt King
Thank you for the link.  Watched it and almost could hear Baker name those dedicated VistA 'hardhats' during one of his responses.

It's interesting to see the two panels' perspectives. Having been at VA 2000-2014 when to CPRS-R retreats and onwards; it was interesting to see how those were terminated at 200M-1B costs while Cerner is significantly higher.(hence the three view Cerner as failed implementation from their point of view).

Interestingly, modern Epic has 800+ instances and view only capability outside our health system; yet CareEverywhere is indispensable between Epic.  Even the Exchanges have matured enough to get decent data between VA and Non-Epic EHRs; so single instance really not so operationally important.

http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats