error opening dbf file in windows 10

Luca Righetto

Sep 2, 2021, 1:58:35 PM9/2/21
to Harbour Users
Hi everyone,
 I hope to be in the right place to ask.

I have a program we are using since many years and that I ported from clipper to HMG long time ago.
We use it from Windows clients. The DBF files are on a Windows Server.
The program is not written for using shared DBF.
At beginning it tries to open a DBF file (exclusive) and if not it gives a message that it is already opened from another PC.
With two new W10 client I have this problem, that when they try to open the file they always fail to use it exclusive and they lock the file so from then other PC cannot access.
The file return usable after client PC shut down or server reboot.
We have other W10 PCs that have not this problem and can open the file without any issue.
It seems a problem  of these two most recent PCs.
Do you have any idea how to solve?

Best regards

Gerald Drouillard

Sep 2, 2021, 2:35:48 PM9/2/21
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Antivirus getting in the way?

Auge & Ohr

Sep 2, 2021, 4:39:58 PM9/2/21
to Harbour Users
hi,

> since many years and that I ported from clipper to HMG long time ago
have you change SMB-1 "locking" from DRIVE Letter to UNC-Path and SMB-2 ?

Jimmy