Unlikely that Dorian will be visiting the Convention

Bob, K1IW

Sep 5, 2019, 11:30:41 AM9/5/19
to Northeast HamXposition (at Boxboro)
I've received several emails expressing concern about Hurricane Dorian and the convention.

The current US weather service forecast for this weekend is:

Saturday
Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. North wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 75. West wind around 7 mph.

The hurricane track itself shows it far off the coast on Saturday, so it looks like the most we are going to see

is a bit of rain on Friday night going into Saturday morning.

There are no plans to cancel or postpone the schedule.  We hope a little early morning rain won't keep anyone away.

73,

Bob - K1IW

KEN CARUSO

Sep 5, 2019, 12:41:59 PM9/5/19
to Bob, K1IW, Northeast HamXposition (at Boxboro)

That maybe so but it just scared away the only semi-professional flea market vendor I was expecting.

John, did you ever hear from Gary Schneider?

Ken - WO1N