Welcome to Dr. Dev Joshi, HamSCI/Scranton Post-Doc

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:04:43 AM4/13/20
to TangerineSDR Listserv, ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just wanted to welcome a new member to our group- Dr. Dev Joshi!

Dev comes to us as a post-doctoral research associate after finishing his PhD at Boston College. His dissertation is entitle, "“Artificial and Natural Disturbances in the Equatorial Ionosphere: Results from the Metal Oxide Space Cloud (MOSC) experiment and the Communications/Navigation Outage Forecasting System (C/NOFS) satellite mission.”

Dev will be working with us to develop a scientific sounding mode for the PSWS radio instrument.

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF
HamSCI Lead
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering
University of Scranton
(973) 787-4506

John Ackermann N8UR

Apr 13, 2020, 11:08:37 AM4/13/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Welcome, Dev!

John
----

Phil Erickson

Apr 13, 2020, 11:20:03 AM4/13/20
to Unknown, TangerineSDR Listserv
Hi Dev,

  I'm familiar with your work in other contexts.  Thanks for joining the effort and I'm sure it will prove to be excellent for all.

73
Phil

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.

----
Phil Erickson
phil.e...@gmail.com

David G. McGaw

Apr 13, 2020, 11:35:02 AM4/13/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Welcome!

David N1HAC

Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate

Apr 14, 2020, 2:03:23 PM4/14/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv
Welcome, Dev

Gerry N5JXS

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.

Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS
++++++++++++++++++++++
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
   Walt Disney

WILLIAM n SUSIE ENGELKE

Apr 14, 2020, 2:21:01 PM4/14/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv
Hello Dev - great to have you onboard. Looking forward to working with you.   -regards - Bill Engelke,  AB4EJ

Gregory Popelas

Apr 14, 2020, 2:39:36 PM4/14/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the Group Dev...

Greg VA3CBN

Sent from my iPhone

Dev Joshi

Apr 14, 2020, 3:32:58 PM4/14/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thank you everyone. Looking forward to learning from the group.

Thanks.

Best,
Dev

Larry Dodd

Apr 14, 2020, 3:53:16 PM4/14/20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Dev. Nathaniel made a great choice.
Larry

GACTVDX

Apr 14, 2020, 10:58:33 PM4/14/20
to HamSCI
Welcome Aboard Dr. Dev Joshi:

You came through the HamSCI door just in time, as the atmosphere Is heating up with sporadic-e activity up into the FM broadcast band on this day.

Regards,
Mike Schaffer
KA3JAW