2023 Hamvention Award Winner

Angel M. Vazquez

Mar 7, 2023, 11:20:52 AM3/7/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I’d like to congratulate fellow HamSci member and “my brother form another mother”. Dr. James K. Breakall for being announced Dayton Hamventions Technical Award winner:

Dr. James Breakall, WA3FET.

As a Professor of Electrical Engineering at Penn State University from 1989 to 2022, Dr. Breakall developed cutting-edge antenna technology and mentored his students in amateur radio. Through his mentorship, he inspired 700 of his students to become new licensees. Now a retired Professor Emeritus, he serves as a consultant to the Army, Air Force, and Navy on many antenna-related projects.

Congratulations to Jim and all the other winners of these prestigious awards.

Vy 73,

Angel WP3R

Angel M. Vazquez

Head of Telescope Operations &

Puerto Rico Cordination Zone Spectrum Manager

Arecibo Observatory  –  www.naic.edu

Yang Enterprises Inc.

(787)878-2612 ext.304

Phil Erickson

Mar 7, 2023, 11:30:33 AM3/7/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angel,

  Jim's many friends here at Haystack echo your congratulations.  Very well deserved.

73
Phil W1PJE

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.

----
Phil Erickson
phil.e...@gmail.com

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Mar 7, 2023, 11:53:45 AM3/7/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations, Jim! That is wonderful!

73 Nathaniel W2NAF

Dana Whitlow

Mar 7, 2023, 1:29:16 PM3/7/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Congratulations from another corner of the world, Kerrville, TX.
You deserve it!!!

Dana   K8YUM

Veera Kumar

Mar 7, 2023, 1:41:02 PM3/7/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Many congratulations prof Jim.

Veera
Scholar
India

Randy Frum

Mar 7, 2023, 6:42:53 PM3/7/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
I saw the presentation as well. Very impressive and well deserved!

Congratulations!

Randy Frum

Gary Hogsten

Mar 7, 2023, 11:32:19 PM3/7/23