Raspberry Pi 4B

dwillia5

Feb 7, 2023, 4:36:20 PM2/7/23
to hamsci-grape
Hi, I'm still working on building a Grape...I had been hoping that there would be a Raspberry Pi 4B available after Christmas. But, they're still not available. I have seen some kits available on Amazon (at a much higher price). But, I'm not sure they aren't knockoffs since they aren't from an authorized dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a different model that would work? I have a 3B+, but it only has 1 G and a 1.4 GHz processor. Thanks, Debbie

Jonathan

Feb 7, 2023, 4:57:38 PM2/7/23
to dwillia5, hamsci-grape
Hi Debbie,

The 3b you have will work fine.

Jonathan
KC3EEY

On Feb 7, 2023, at 4:36 PM, dwillia5 <dwilliams....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I'm still working on building a Grape...I had been hoping that there would be a Raspberry Pi 4B available after Christmas. But, they're still not available. I have seen some kits available on Amazon (at a much higher price). But, I'm not sure they aren't knockoffs since they aren't from an authorized dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a different model that would work? I have a 3B+, but it only has 1 G and a 1.4 GHz processor. Thanks, Debbie

Robert Benedict

Feb 7, 2023, 9:28:21 PM2/7/23
to hamsci-grape
I'm running my Grape 1 on a  3B.
If you are near a Microcenter store they have Pi 4s every month or so at list price, limited one to a customer, in store pick up only. They always  have Picos at list price.
I subscribed to their email list and get an ad every day that reminds me to check availability  whenever I need one.
    Bob
       KD8CGH

dwillia5

Feb 8, 2023, 10:03:04 PM2/8/23