Help with Mac Air motherboard repair

Robert Murray

Jul 4, 2021, 4:20:14 PM7/4/21
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Makers Space,

I previously sent this request to Shawn, but if any Makers Space member has a recommendation, please let me know....
Hopefully, this email finds all the members of Halifax Makers Space healthy and enjoying summer (well maybe not the rain today, but summer in general).
Question for you; is there someone (or a company) you recommend in Halifax/Dartmouth that does motherboard repairs on Mac Air laptops? My Mac Air ran out of power and now will not recharge or restart. I have tried unplugging the battery and just running on plug power, resetting the SMC and ordering a new battery but nothing seems to work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best!
Rob Murray

Baha Baydar

Jul 5, 2021, 10:29:13 AM7/5/21
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
I've used Geebo for phone repairs and been happy with their quality of work. They do list PC repair on their website, but it's unclear if they can do soldering/component replacement.

mur...@eastlink.ca

Jul 5, 2021, 11:06:06 AM7/5/21
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Baha. I will give them a call.

Baha Baydar

Jul 5, 2021, 11:44:21 AM7/5/21
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Coincidently, Louis Rossmann just posted this video about no power on meet MacBooks about an hour ago.

I haven't watched it, but I'm guessing this must be a fairly common issue.